why is wakefield and associates calling me

1692f). An additional $153.85 in court costs was added to the bill. I really need help! Learn more. Faith Domowicz v. Wakefield & Associates, Inc. One of our staff members will call you shortly. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has 300 filed with them. The New Mexico opened a file and sent a letter to Wakefield asking for information and copy of bill.

Its important to understand that its relatively common for debt collectors to have complaints against them. Using false, deceptive and misleading means in an attempt to collect on the debt by falsely documenting in her account that she refused to provide the company with her attorneys information, and by repeatedly failing to inform Ms.Domowicz that Wakefield & Associates was a debt collector and that any information obtained would be used for that purpose. Chances are good that we can help.

Additional consumer protection laws include the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Consumer Financial Protection Act (CFPA).

I told him that I did not know who he was and asked why he thought I would share such sensitive information with him? I was in the hospital last year. On 3-30-17 my wife found me confused and was forced to call 911. Thank you for the manner in which you handled this Jake.

Read on for our in-depth guide on how to deal with their collection attempts and remove them from your credit report. Thank you.

Also, if you have never seen your reviews to see how many people have been harmed by your Albuquerque office (reviews are at bottom of AlignMDs N.P.I. Their Consumer Links page provides outside references to the three major credit reporting agencies; the Colorado Collection Agency Board; the Federal Trade Commission (FTC); the Health and Human Services Department HIPAA information page; and trade resources including ACA International, the Chamber of Commerce, E-banking.org, and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.

See the jurisdictions in which our lawyers are licensed, admitted, or otherwise authorized to practice. I was being charged $594.00 for spinal tap and $1302. What else do you want from me?

So unless you are trying to duck out on a legal debtWakefield is very professional and easy to work with. O.G. In one call they get your employee O.G. Call 475-277-1600 NOW.

Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). It never got paid. I see I owe $1610.

I am at a standstill with this situation, Im owed close to $25k, not able to retrieve my property and still having the make the payments.

Thank you, Trevor Alverson. On or about 4-24-2017 I received a bill from AlignMD and was confused as I just received final statements from Lovelace hospital and the Emergency Room. If you believe that Wakefield and Associates have violated your FDCPA rights, you can file a complaint against them as well.

The complaint that Ms. Domowicz filed with the US District Court accused Wakefield & Associates of violating the FDCPA in the following ways: The phone numbers for Wakefield & Associates are 1-800-864-3870 or 1-303-537-2900. Ms. Domowicz called Wakefield & Associates from her work telephone number and asked to be transferred to Patrick Haywig. Weve helped more than 15,000 consumers stop harassment and recover money from debt collectors. They may be listed on your credit report under a variety of names including wakefield payment solutions, wakefield rrc, and wakefield & assoc. We are Lemberg Law, a Consumer Law Firm. I inform her that it is my only copy of bill and ask for a copy. Isnt that harassment at a point? In most cases, its because they violated a customers rights under the FDCPA. Do not get me wrong, I pay my debts, or at least attempt to, but those agencies are aware of what theyre doing is illegal and know that the person on the other end of the line probably does not know that..

Start a payment plando the right thing and the process isnt aggreges. Absolutely.

I have informed Wakefield of the intentional act by O.G. Prevent Loan Scams provides guides, reviews & information to help consumers through every restorative step of their financial journey.

Call us today and well explain.

I paid the debt in 2016. 1692d(5)). This includes the debt total, the name on the account, and the date of last account activity. I cant imagine AlignMD condones the behavior of this office girl and will fix this. 1692d and 15 U.S.C. Again I request a copy of bill.

No matter how much you end up paying, it is essential that you get Wakefield and Associates to agree to completely delete the account from your credit report. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. I have been calling there office for Three months trying to get the to take the red flag off since the account was paid and closed in 2014. I owe 900+ on medical bills but I cant afford to pay anymore payments on debts. Feeling uneasy, Ms. Domowicz called the company back and spoke to a secretary, who confirmed that her attorneys contact information was not in their computer system. Luckily, you can get them off your back and credit history by following the steps outlined above. Has a debt collection done any of the following: Is Wakefield & Associates, Inc Calling You?*. In November 2012, in United States District Court for the District of Colorado, a plaintiff filed a complaint against Wakefield & Associates for alleged violations of the FDCPA in their efforts to collect form her a past due medical bill. Your author Whats your name? If Wakefield and Associates wont budge when it comes to negotiating a settlement, you should consider working with a credit repair professional. You still gotta pay your bills. I went to find which court room i was in and they said although I had a legal summons, my name was nowhere on the docket or in their system. Things You Can Do Yourself When You Have a Lemon, Background Check Errors Can Cost you a Job and So Much More, Tenant Data Services Screening Report Dispute False Info or Errors, How to dispute background check errors that cost you a job, You are receiving early morning or late night calls from debt collectors, A debt collector attempts to collect more than you owe, You are being threatened with negative credit reporting, A debt collector attempts to intimidate you, Criminal accusations are being made towards you.

We look forward to working with you to resolve your legal issues. Read more about the firm. Namely, it is supposed to stop any harassment, abuse, deception, or intimidation from debt collectors. Theyre legit.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA, dictates that debt collectors adhere to certain guidelines when collecting or attempting to collect a debt from you. It is possible for information to get lost in the process, and Wakefield and Associates may proceed with collections with false information. Most of the remaining complaints are fairly evenly split between advertising and sales issues and customer service issues. I was already making payment to the hospital but they still sent it to this agency. Ive also told them I was paying other debt collectors and they were next in line starting January. It was established =in 1982, has call centers in Denver and Fort Morgan, and employs approximately 55 staff.

What should I do??? Your email Whats your email address?

The representative allegedly replied that he had called the attorney and got no response.. There is no charge unless we win. Wakefield & Associates is a third-party collection agency based in Colorado. Find out if we can help you too today!

As I turn and start to leave O.G. As of September 2017, the BBB has closed 149 complaints against Wakefield and Associates in the past three years, with 75 closed in the past twelve months. This is not legal advice. I have stated that I was currently not working due to postpartum recovery and will call them back when I am able.

But 11/21/20 the car dealership from 2016 served me trying to sue me for the same debt the collection agency sent me settlement letter about . In addition, as a leader in the professional collection of property management debt, Wakefield is also a member of the Apartment Association of Metro Denver. By submitting a free evaluation, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the disclaimer and privacy policy. Once you come to a solution that works for both parties, have Wakefield and Associates send you the full terms in writing. (15 U.S.C. Whats your name? When I went to retrieve my property (Forest River Cedar Creek 5th Wheel V.I.N.

All were required to file before payment. Wakefield & Associates 10800 E Bethany Dr.,Suite 450 Aurora, CO 80014-2697 Telephone 800-864-3870 Website: https://www.wakeassoc.com/. It also gives you an opportunity to have the debt taken off your record based on a technical error. I have been granted a judgement in my favor for the monetary portion of a my case as well as a replevin. NOTE: this is an email I sent the other day (12-23-18) and am waiting for a response from AlignMD to a contact Congressman-elect Mark Green gave me. In addition, the agreement required the plaintiff to waive all legal claims and to pay all attorney fees to settle further disputes. and that my MAXIMUM OUT OF NETWORK OUT OF POCKET of $2,000 would be reached after $612.23. Do you have any tips on how to deal with collectors like Wakefield and Associates?

hello/// wakefield has been trying to collect a 1465.00 emergency room bill for dec 28 2015. i had a heart attack that eve/night i came too lying face down in floor got up lost 2.5 hrs time eat a handful of asprin and drove my self to dhc fayette, alabama emergency room. Now I had to ask before he identified himself as Wakefield and Associates, and even then, he did not mention this is a debt collection agency. On 10-15-2018 I called Wakefield to ask why they never answered N.M.A.G.s request and for the last time request the bill.

This went on until I told her I was going to complain and felt she didnt want to file due to fraud. Wakefield again has your employee file insurace which is again denied due to taking too long.

In the meantime, you are welcome to call us right away at 855-301-2100. Some claimed to be out of network. Not even 5,000 miles on it, had to be dragged out of my garage. Landmark Supreme Court Decision Made in Lemberg Laws Facebook Robocalling Suit, Lemberg Law Wins Class Certification in Robocall Case, Conns Appliances Ordered to Pay Lemberg Law Client $373,500 for 249 Robocalls, Purchased a 2021 GMC Sierra SLT in May 2021, first issue I had was the driver side Light. Was that already a violation of FDCP?

I state even if it were just incompetence why should I pay an extra $1300 for AlignMDs error. Here are the top three ways to make that happen. We realize that ours is only one little case among many and a lot more serious but are heartened by the fact that you accepted it represented us with a professionalism that belied the dollar amount., I am so blessed that through this dreadful, terrifying encounter, your company was there to help me. Wakefield and Associates has called or attempted to call me 3 times a week, and called me at work. The plaintiff sent the check for the down payment and assumed the court date had been dismissed; however, she was still required to attend the hearing.

According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Wakefield was founded in 1986, is currently based in Aurora, and services the Denver and Aurora metropolitan regions.

I asked her what she did with my bill? *Case taken from PACER (www.pacer.gov).

Your email address will not be published. So far, he has not tried to call again. You set the bar so high your competition must charter a plane just to see it. I feel like I am being bullied and threatened if I dont show up for a court date they provided to me. The congressman founded and was CEO of AlignMD but sold company in Nov 2015, a fact I was not aware of until I searched for AlignMD CEO and contacted him asking for help (12-11-18) Thank you.

I took time off from work for that day and gathered all the evidence i thought would assist me in my case and had Wakefield send me documentation of discovery. only by US mail and hung up.

During the conversation with Mr. Haywig, he stated that he was attempting to collect on the student loan debt.

Some had to be asked to file.

When you fail to make payments on a bill or loan, your original lender may hand the debt over to a third-party collector, such as Wakefield and Associates.

Lemberg Law is a consumer law firm helping victims of collection harassment and abuse. Wakefield and Associates is a legitimate third-party debt collection agency that is headquartered in Aurora, CO.

Tennessee never responded to my complaint. They insist on calling me at work or at night and will not answer the phone when I call back or leave a message. Mine isnt there yet).

If this is your first time dealing with a debt collector, you may be feeling overwhelmed.

Ive called them back Everytime they call me. She also answered many other questions I had about the charges.

You should follow up with them if their entry remains after about 30 days. Please enter a valid email adress, Your phone Whats your phone number?

His information: Michael James Freres DOB: 02/25/69 SSN: 480-82-4435 Address: 834 Douglas Fir Woodland Park, CO 80863.

Who are we?

getting a collection entry removed from your credit report. Their job is to get you to pay up, and they usually resort to intimidation and harassment to get it done. Theyre garnishing the max from every check and will not work out a payment plan or nothing. Wakefield and Associates should remove their account within a month or so of your first payment.

Want to get Wakefield & Associates off your back for good? So I go to the AlignMD office across from E.R.

says copier dont work.

You can sue a debt collector. Sergei Lemberg is a lawyer whose practice focuses on consumer law, class actions and personal injury litigation.

She once again provided those details. Harassed? He had the nerve to claim he had time sensitive information for me and ask me to verify my birthdate.

O.G. I made countless requests for the bill and have been promised copies and also told I will never get a copy. I informed her that she would not get paid until Ins.

On 12-11-2018 I received a very threatening letter from Wakefield, on the behalf of DR. Borowski and AlignMD stating Please be advised that we have contacted our client who has confirmed blah blah blah. 1692e, 15 U.S.C.

I have keep all the documents when I paid this thank goodness.

Briefly, during the subsequent hearing, Wakefield was found potentially to have violated several provisions of the FDCPA for having failed to provide verification of the debt and for engaging in conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass, oppress, or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt; and for using false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt. Although some of the charges against Wakefield & Associates were dismissed with a summary judgement, a judgment for the plaintiff was granted in most instances and the matter was set for trial. the doctors name on wakefields statement is not the name of the doctor that was there. She later accused Ms. Smith of abruptly hanging up. The key to getting rid of them and boosting your score is removing their collection account from your credit report. and request from office girl ( O.G.) Wakefield & Associates offers first party, early-out, and third-party collections for healthcare providers; property managers; educational institutes; finance companies and banks; as well as commercial accounts.

Since March 2015, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has logged 129 complaints against Wakefield, and Justia lists at least 6 cases of civil litigation naming Wakefield & Associates as a defendant. 1.

is filed. We are ranked A+ by the BBB. I learned about the collection account when discussing my daughters FICO score with her and saw it on her credit report.

Credit repair companies can help you improve your credit score by helping you clean up negative accounts on your credit report. I have talked to two supervisors Litia and Fergie to no avail.

Please enter a valid phone number. Unlawful Debt Harassment?

I just got a phone call from an 844 number claiming to be Wakefield and Associates.

Wakefield wants me to pay them and go after AlignMD for damages. Did anything else that you think is illegal or unfair? I am also waiting on a response from DFAS.mil (their paralegal) for a Writ of Garnishment that I filed on him as well. They contact me about 3 times a day by phone. I am only willing to pay $ 612.23 as all other amounts are due to the intentional harm caused me by the employee of AlignMD. Copyright 2022 Stop Collection Calls, All Rights Reserved. If you have been contacted by this debt collector about past due financial obligations, make sure you understand your rights before attempting to resolve disputes. They just pinged my credit report for a debt I already paid. Its sad how society, especially doctors offices work when it comes to paying an unnecessary high bill that I didnt receive any prescriptions or anything from the doctors visit. The plaintiff received the summons accompanied by a cover letter informing her to contact Wakefield regarding settlement terms and to avoid litigation costs.

Operating through the United States, Wakefield and Associates have several offices across the country. Ms. Smith allegedly demanded her attorneys information, claiming that she had previously refused to provide it.

Confidentiality Guarantee: We keep your information completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your information. AND I STILL HAVE NO BILL FROM ALIGNMD! : It got lost I again dispute bill due to O.G.s intentional act to cause me harm.

So if Im dealing with Wakefield about this now how can the original car dealership from Elmore county 2016 threaten to sue when the debt was sold twice over now and no longer with them.. Wakefield & Associates have been calling me since Ive delivered my child in July 2019. They are demanding $ 2,173.76. I inform her that I have an Out of Network out of pocket maximum (which I already reached $1386.77) and needed her to file. As the name implies, pay-for-delete agreements are characterized by a debt collector agreeing to delete a collections account in exchange for payment. says she dont deal with insurance. The top credit repair services, researched & reviewed by Prevent Loan Scams.

If they change the status of the account to paid, it will still affect your credit score down the road.

I ask again for a copy and O.G. I received many bills from so many different places. Consumer complaints forums accuse the company of unfair / unethical debt collection practices, and the PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) website contains several court cases involving Wakefield & Associates and alleged violations of the FDCPA.

I received a bill for my daughter (who has insurance) and they have started calling me day and night. thanks to the delay in care i received at dch that night and i had to have open heart surgery and that doctor said i should have died being neglected at fayette dch. It is illegal for a debt collector to make empty threats to sue you or garnish your wages.

Today 2/26, is the last day I can appeal this court decision so please let me know if there is something suspicious going on.

This employee is a stain on your organization and her actions make you liable. Wakefield has received many consumer complaints alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) such as making false or misleading statements and failing to provide verification of debts. I told him that even the documentation of discovery had 2 past addresses that i hadnt lived at for over 2 years and told him how am i supposed to pay for a bill i had no idea about, talked him down to the original debt with no interest, no penalties etc. Many or all of the companies featured here provide compensation to us.

Started garnishing my check and they dont care if you have enough money leftover to cover your rent, light bill, food, etc. If they are not able to validate the debt, they must contact all three credit bureaus and remove the account from your credit report. Start by offering to pay Wakefield and Associates anywhere from 30% to 50% of the total balance.

The firms main office is located at 43 Danbury Road, Wilton, Connecticut.

You can also google Wakefield and check them out.

O.G. Regardless, the plaintiff testified that she never received the letter, and when Wakefield was notified that the plaintiff had a new address, they initiated a legal proceeding against her for a judgement of $1496.00 plus $243.51 in interest charges.

Make sure that you dont make a payment until you receive this document and approve of it as written.

ANTHEM B.C.B.S has denied claim due to how long AlignMD took. I had to file a Contempt of Court due to the fact that he did not respond to the Pattern of Interrogatories. If you want to enforce your rights, or recover money for violations you need to sue. Although she had supplied an attorneys number, a debt collector called her back within half an hour. I currently have a case in Douglas County District Court Case # 2017CV125 and just received notice that he has filed for Chapter 7. They currently sit with approximately roughly 950 complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). It is also unlikely Wakefield would sue you for a debt you may not owe or they cannot validate. It is an advertising service paid for by the lawyers and advocates whose names are provided in response to user requests and it is not an attorney referral service.

2020 another company Wakefield &Associates have the debt now theyve sent me settlement letters Im working on my credit . The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) regulates the behavior of collection agencies by prohibiting actions such as the use of abusive or threatening language; harassment; or the use of false or misleading information to collect a debt.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook