lego train motor bluetooth

PF for trains has remote IR intutitive controller with two knobs; for A channel and B channel with max. Disappointed that my son has to use my (expensive) cell phone. One is a premium-brand, out-of-production, 90+ EUR lithium power-source-only box; the other a NiMH-battery+RC-receiver-box that costs 15 EUR. This is the set-specific app for Technic, but it only has controls for the specific models and there are no customization options built in. I would like to ask you if the following Lego Powered Up parts are compatible with the WeDo 2.0 hub (45301): Single motor: 88008 Train motor: 88011 Technical motor: 88013 Remote control: 88010 My question about its compatibility is regarding: 1.- the cables and connectors of the parts to the hub and 2.- the use of the WeDo 2.0 app for the operation (program) of these Powered Up parts with the Hub 45301. So this means that a Mindstorms EV3 cant control a Powered Up Hub, unless we add a Bluetooth stick that does Bluetooth 4.1. In the near future the PU App will have more customization build in to control PU devices. They more or less copy the TLG motors but all have a imho better battery box and controller (than TLG's PF). In the future there might be an option what should happen if the signal is lost, either stop or keep going. It's easy! LEGO System A/S As I mentioned I dont own a WeDo 2.0 hub so I cannot test if it is compatible with the motors, but Im sure it doesnt work with the remote, and it does not work with the Powered Up either. I tried and could not get it to work. :/. Though there is one more point that hasn't been mentioned- wheels. Hello! It depends on the app and not really the hub. - BUWIZZ App It supports more than 10 PUP hubs (or sbricks if you want to go that route) at once. Borrow someone's 60197 train set and try it in your location. Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Please have a chat with one of our friendly experts at LEGO.build/Service. Yes, those motors are the same. Couldn't find any similar for trains. Why does it sound like the train is almost derailing? In case those Powered Up parts are NOT compatible with the WeDo 2.0 Hub (45301): 3.- are they all compatible with the Powered Up Hub 88009? Hopefully you are right about the improved documentation. Would the 88010 Remote Control connect to the new technic hub? It has some set-specific control interfaces for the non-Technic sets (e.g. No, unfortunately the Boost apps only work with the Boost hub. I would like to ask you if the following Lego PowerUp parts are compatible with the WeDo 2.0 hub (45303): Simple motor: 88008 Train motor: 88011 Technic motor: 88013 Remote Control: 88010 My question about its compatibility concerns: 1.- the cables and connectors of the parts to the hub and 2.- the use of WeDo 2.0 app for the operation of these PowerUp parts with the Hub 45303. Thankful for your answer! It is comparing apples and oranges. But the sounds are not coming from the train. trains, App-controlled Batmobile etc. I would like the normal controls to be more customiseable or the customisation to have controls that stay at the position you put them in. Also, you can't sync motors by plugging them in the same port because you can't stack the cables. It uses Bluetooth connection instead of infrared, it can use sensors and interactive motors besides the lights and standard motors. 4.- Is the app used to program WeDo 2.0 different from the one used to Powered Up? The educational Spike Prime set also uses components that use the same Powered Up connector, although it has its own Scratch-based coding environment. 8 trains to control (with 4 controllers). I read one review of 60197 set (passenger train) on brickset: So I bought two, because you kinda have to, to make it look right, which irritates me even more that I wasted my money. Could you try this, please It is a bit techy, I already tried it, even made multiple videos about it, heres the first one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scvifoxEbWs. Your email address will not be published.

You get what you pay for. Can the PU app work with the core of wedo? It is not a property of Powered Up itself. ), but the main feature is the free play coding area where the components can be controlled with Boost-style program blocks. Im not sure what are you doing exactly based on the description. Can therefore also be a problem. I would rather go with the 88009 hub. More space and less hassle with cables. So how it is in the Trains department? Somewhere in the process of pressing and releasing buttons on the remote and second train, the light on the remote turned white and the initial connected train started operating either full power or nothing what I imagine is described in some places as bang bang mode. It is also possible to assign multiple hubs to the same channel of the remote, so multiple hubs (outputs) can be controlled with the same button on the remote. With PF trains you can't drive slowly without stopping in curves or switches. You get what you pay for. I personally like this remote control better, Sure, you just need to figure out where to put the electric components . (Currently we have one 88009 Hub and pair of simple wedo motors.

It can but you have to use an external bluetooth dongle. The prices for PUP on bricklink are usually cheaper. Currently the Powered Up app supports 88007 connected to 88012, but not 45607. Yes, I will update the list as soon as Ill have time for it, Hi, do you think its possible to use powered up function for Race Kart 42048? The sounds are horrible. The PU Team at TLG is aware of this. This is the dongle to buy: BLED112 (according to this page: http://www.picaxe.com/BLED112-Bluetooth-USB-Dongle/ ). Living in a city, where everyone pretty much lives on top of one another, way to many competing signals. Found some posts regarding the comparison of Powered Up (PU) and Power Functions (PF), but it was rather related to Technic. for acting like a servo motor. And it has a timeout after 16mins which might be bad for a bigger layout.

This depends on the existing traffic in your space: As being said, on public layouts with lots of visitors, everyone bringing his smartphone and Bluetooth headsets and using some public wifi: your packet loss can be spectacular. the CityHub)] you can run your trains so smoothly as you will never be able with PF. Also, the LEGO PF rechargeable battery lasts more than double the time of the BB one. My 5 year old really liked it but we have since lost that mode, and cant figure out how to get it back. If you already have an investment in PF train motorsreuse two PF train motors on a PU hub. All of those options are legal, no patents or other rights are infringed by these solutions. But is PU remote controller in any point inferior to older PF controller?

So if you are invested in PF already, prefer rechargeable systems, need a smaller battery box or are a penny pincher, those might be an option for you. Also, the city passenger train set gets down to 70-80 euros from time to time.

- Brickcontroller 2 We would love to hear more about this error (it's not something that we've encountered before). not stackable. Thats interesting, the system should not do that by default. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site. With the 3.0 release of the Powered Up app it is possible to connect to 4 different hubs simultaneously, they can be different types (Boost / Technic / City).

Bluetooth and WiFi both use the 2.4 GHz band, so they do use the same resource and will interfere. Have you tried? It is on large layouts at shows where the problems typically arise. Yes, a loco with PU stops the train out of radio range. EV3DEV can use one. With this new update, the LEGO Powered UP App is back on track! I have seen several PF users running after a loco, desperately trying to stop their PF loco before the crash. LEGO Boost offers a complete visual programming environment in the Boost app, some programming elements are also available in the Powered Up app. Already mentioned here is automation of the train with the color/distance sensor and colored tiles. It connects to the88009 Hub and can control the two outputs, can be used e.g. PU offers a lot' more possibilities. But this is not always a disadvantage. Youve saved me a few bob buying the wrong thing to find they dont play nice. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. It was possible in PF remote controller (two knobs), not sure it is possible with PU. I am considering buying second hub and pair of motors so that our sons dont fight about them:). Please try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Its even speed controlled! Hi, I have the 88010 controller, 88014 XL motor and and Im just waiting on the 88009 hub to arrive. However even in my living room I seemingly had connection issues with PF and it felt like the HE wasn't really doing what I wanted it to do. It is as good a guide as Ive found anywhere, and a pity Lego themselves havent been as diligent. That's like comparing apples to oranges. My son and I somehow accidentally triggered the boost or bang bang setting on our powered up train. Its a good question, I just quickly tested it for you and I can confirm that they are working. It seems flashing to the hub will also be available in the near future from PU itself. The app that has and will have the ability to control all these elements is thePowered Upapp. It does not connect to the hub directly as it does not have default behaviors without the app. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Learn how your comment data is processed. Only with the train Motor, you the can increase speed in 10 Steps.

9v bromo treno That brings us to another disadvantage: you can only use 2 motors OR 1 motor and 1 light OR 1 motor and 1 sensor with one hub because you can't stack the cables and the city hub has just 2 plugs. With that the connection issue is not a problem. Ah, but probably the newest Spike for educational use (Luly, strange name I think but who cares about names), focusing on younger kids is much easier than the indeed bulky large Spike. PUP remote works just fine as long as you stick to one train motor per train (or one motor per hub). However, I read here about PU system that it is inferior to PF system, as considering it in LEGO Technic. There are currently at least 5 other manufacturers producing motors with PF-style connectors: I expect we sooner see the EOL of PU than we run out of 3rd party PF components. Any plans on adding the to the list? this is a property of the hub firmware only and/or using the remote or Powered Up App. Thankful for your reply. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Controlled by the 88010 Remote Control? I find it to be a total pain and just not worth it. As an AFOL I do a lot of shows/events and simply put, the Powered Up system is worthless in this kind of public environment. The BB stuff is just fine if you are e.g. I myself have 6 locomotives on display. What I am trying to do is to use the 4-port hub for MODs and MOCs, ideally with a programming possibility (e.g. most of the things are already mentioned. Important update a Code Block guide was created for the app, available here.

Available in the Spike Prime set, this motor has an absolute encoder, Available in the Spike Prime set (and will be available in the 51515 Mindstorms Robot inventor set in a different color), this motor has an absolute encoder, It measures pressures of up to 10 Newtons (~1kg), also works as a touch sensor with pressed/released/bumped detection, Sound wave sensor features 1-200cm range with +/- 1cm accuracy, It also has a built-in 6 pin connector for 3rd/DIY peripherals, Detects colors, measures intensity of reflected white light and ambient light, Boost app for Windows 10 (discontinued from January 2020), controls the88008 Medium Linear Motor, 88007 Color & Distance Sensor, also controls the hubs two internal motors, can use them as an input and can use the hubs internal tilt sensor as an input, does not work with the88005 LED Light,88011 Train Motor,45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor, controls the88011 Train Motor,45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor,88008 Medium Linear Motor, does not work with the88005 LED Light and88007 Color & Distance Sensor, it connects to the88006Boost hub and controls the two internal motors (A & B outputs), controls the88011 Train Motor and88005 LED Light (only one motor and one light, does not work with 2 motors / 2 lights), does not work with the45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor,88008 Medium Linear Motorand88007 Color & Distance Sensor, it connects to the88006Boost hub and controls one train motor and one light connected to the 2 external outputs (C & D), controls the88011 Train Motor,45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor,88008 Medium Linear Motor,88005 LED Light, can use the88007 Color & Distance Sensor, It can also connect to the Boost hub and control the internal motors and connected peripherals, it can connect to 4 different hubs simultaneously, it can use the WeDo 2.0 sensors (tilt and distance) connected to both hubs (Boost and PU), It can use the 88010 Remote Control as an input device. I was at a big Lego train exhibition in Germany last weekend and I can say PU was clearly easier to use than PF. Sign up for a new account in our community. I like BLE advantages much better especially since people including @Lok24are working on a system to rule them all using MicroPython (gives you direct control of the microcontroller so you can circumvent issues with timeouts etc like @Tcm0 mentioned). With the current Boost application it is only possible to connect to a single hub. Although there were many PU users present, there was not really any interference or obstruction between users. - Battery control is easy as well, because software can ask the hub about battery level. The Technic and the City hub also works with all motors, lights and sensors.

Because Im looking for a cheap Android phone and a USB/BlueTooth dongle to plug on a Raspberry Pi or an EV3 brick. This way you can copy the setup of the 42109 Top Gear Rally car. I wish to build my own creation (car) My question is, with the above components will I be able to turn left and right?

If that is not possible, it is a strong argument against the 42100 Liebherr R9800 unfortunately. go figure on that one. You have two choices, either use a cheap smartphone that is compatible with the app (heres a suggestion), or you can use BrickController 2 and a game pad that is compatible with your phone, that way you can run the app on your phone but your son will use the controller. I thought these elements were all supposed to be compatible? Hi there. lego horizon Rather than do the power-overkill-and-apparent-"endless"-power-supply approach. Does powered up remote controller (item no. Theres no possibility to customize it, the Powered Up app has this ability. You have the better bluetooth connection (but it has a timeout so the train stops if the signal is lost) and 10 speed steps per direction instead of 7. Just two points to keep in mind: (1) wheels with technic axles cause a lot of friction so try to minimize their use (that's the source of the problem in the Maersk and HE sets), but they are unavoidable if you build steam. A spectrum analyzer is useful tool to diagnosis interference problems. That video was made in January, after the latest app/firmware update the Train app does not control the M motor anymore. I hope Lego are throwing you lots of free review sets for writing all their documentation for them!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Which version of BlueTooth is necessary to communicate with the hub? For these latter points, ALMOST everything I can think of has been mentioned already in this thread. sp1984, August 18, 2021 in LEGO Train Tech. (2) If/when you get into large/heavy trains you will probably need to shift to ball bearing wheels from 3rd parties, but that need should not arise when building sets. I have a question, I turn on the Power Up application on the phone and pair it with the hub with the 42109 car and everything connects nicely, but then, when I have already set up the driving diagram, nothing happens. BlueBrixx has a NiMH-based rechargeable battery box (a little smaller than TLG) with a train-focused remote based on 2.4 GHz RC. - PU offers the possibility to use motores which allow load control. Unless I rely on the creativity of fellow AFOLs who have repeatedly come up with solutions to extend LEGO outside of its sandbox. a new Q: THE lego 75253 starwars boost app work with 88009 hub? Sets available/announced with Powered Up components, Powered Up components with details and availability, Powered Up components introduced in 42099, 42100 and 42109 but not available yet separately, 3rd party applications compatible with Powered Up, Answers provided by the Powered Up team about the platform in August 2018, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_XeuI3ueQ&feature=youtu.be&t=222, http://www.picaxe.com/BLED112-Bluetooth-USB-Dongle/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scvifoxEbWs, LEGO Technic 42145 Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter detailed building review, LEGO 10305 Lion Knights Castle detailed building review, LEGO 10497 Galaxy Explorer detailed building review, 8878 Power Functions Rechargeable battery box , 45517 Transformer 10V DC Exits 31.12.2021, similar to the 8870 Power Functions light, except for the new connector and a new style of splitter part in the middle without studs, can be fully controlled with the Boost app, it has 2 independent inner motors, 2 external ports for motors/sensors and a built-in tilt sensor, can be used to detect 6 different colors, light intensity and object distance, it can be also used to control the Power Functions IR receiver from the app, it has speed / power control and relative position reporting, that means it can report the current position compared to the relative zero which is by default the position where it was turned on, can be controlled with the Powered Up app, the size is identical to the 88000 Power Functions AAA battery box, also needs 6 AAA batteries to operate, it has 2 external ports for motors / sensors, it can connect to the 88009 hub, connects up to 5 different hubs giving access to different 10 channels, similar to the 88002 Power Functions train motor except for the new style connector, this motor has only power control, similar to the 8883 Power Functions Medium motor, except for the new style connector, it has 4 studs on the top-front part and only has 3 pin holes for connection on the front (the top one is missing), this motor has only power control, It has a new form factor, it has an absolute encoder meaning theres a hardware zero position that the motor can use for various functions, e.g. And it has a timeout after 16mins which might be bad for a bigger layout. That is not meant to happen. If something isn't working the way it should feel free to reach out at LEGO.build/Service-GPlay and we'll work towards a solution together. I find PU to work better with our large layout at model train shows. The Powered Up app will have the possibility for custom control, I expect a Boost-style visual programming interface, an upgrade to the current free programming area with support for the Technic hub and the new motors. These cookies do not store any personal information. Thankyou for the informative article. Yes, a loco with PU stops the train out of radio range. They had good reasons I did not misuse it but I made an Arduino-based IR 'floodlight' which could possibly reap havoc at large layouts (just because I could ;)). That said (was mentioned before but may be not clear enough), with Pybricks you can flash your program to the PU hub so the train can run stand alone (without device and bluetooth connection). It is compatible with Powered Up, Boost, SBrick, BuWizz, WeDo 2.0 and EV3. Yes, you get proportional speed control with the PU remote when the PU train motor is connected to the PU hub. Required fields are marked *. The car does not react at all. What Im missing from Lego is a chargeable hub or something similar for Power Up. I do have a question though. Thanks for letting us know of the issues you're experiencing. Working welk before update, now cannot be used. I would have another question, would the 88009 Hub work with the new technic motors? Automation is easier. - Pybricks This is great stuff but I noticed several block changes with app version 3.7.0 in particular the blocks associated with speed control. You can also create your own control profile with the Powered UP app on your smart phone/tablet to read the PU remote and output to the non-train motors proportionally. Any ideas? You wont have speed control as they run at max power and probably wont be able to use it for steering with the L motor, but for a simple tracked vehicle like 42065 or 42095 it should be working. It has a simple 2 slider + 3 button customizable interface and a joystick / turbo button + 3 button interface.

The Mindstorms app now supports the Technic motors as well, not sure about Spike Prime, but I assume they should work there as well. No it does not work at the moment. What could be causing this? Is it really that bad? The new 51515 Mindstorms Robot Inventor set also uses compatible hardware. I dont think theres a rechargeable insert available at the moment for the Technic hub, alternatively you can take a look at BuWizz 3.0 that has a built-in battery and 4 PU ports. hello ,the new POWERED UP (Version 3.1.1) said: We are introducing LEGO Power Functions 1 support! This hub appeared in 42099 & 42109, 42100 has two of them, it has 4 ports and it is powered by 6 AA batteries. There is one way to find out. I dont own the WeDo 2.0 hub, but since the firmware cannot be updated on that one I dont think that any of the new motors and or other Powered Up peripherals would be compatible with it. . If you are dead-serious railroader and don't mind the money, you are going 9V tracks + DCC anyway. Generally with all the battery waste (also I never really know how long and if it goes the fastest it can go - intransparency over charging level and effort to change batteries really puts new off) I am happy that I have my old 9v stuff. Didn't have time to watch the video completely yet but good to hear a proper moin again - greetings from Oldenburg. [] Also, the LEGO PF rechargeable battery lasts more than double the time of the BB one. Has someone tested? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Even in my own house, if I want to use the PU system, I have to go and start turning off everyones cell phones and believe it or not, our smart TV. I only miss a physical control with that setup. The BB train motors have serveral issues (one of them beeing that often the holes for the axles aren't perfectly round). You can use it with the Technic hub through the Powered Up app. Any help/info would be much appreciated. The Powered Up ecosystem is still evolving, and the software part still has some core components missing. I do not want to expand this thread even further with a discussion on wheels, there are already some lengthy (and informative) threads on those in this forum. I noticed in your app and hub compatibility list that you didnt cover the Mindstorms RIS hub and app or the Spike hub and app. I try to keep the list up to date following the latest changes, my older videos might not reflect the same behaviour. I would like to use 2 motors, lights, and color sensor on one hub. The connectors are not compatible with the Power Functions system therefore it is not possible to connect any of the Power Functions motors/lights/etc. DK-7190 Billund, https://www.lego.com/legal/notices-and-policies/privacy-policy. The PFx brick can be configured with an IR receiver to work with the PF controller, In the near future the PU App will have more customization build in to control PU devices. And: You'll drain your batteries in no-time. This application is designed to use a gamepad connected to the mobile device and control the following units: Power Functions infrared, Powered Up, BuWizz, SBrick. I dont have the WeDo smarthub so I cant test this, sorry. Could you confirm? With a single motor you either use that for drive or for steering, you cannot have both. Thanks for the valuable information you share! I then bought the horizon express with a set of PF and later 60197 with PU. The app can fully control the current range of motors with the AAA and the AA hub as well, including proper servo support with calibration and custom zero position. The BuWizz app can connect to the Technic (AA) hub. Maybe Im not doing it right. Can distance sensor(88007) or technic distance sensor(45604) connect to technic hub(88012)? We can only hope they start publishing something. PU has bluetooth remote controller, so clunky smartphone control can be omitted? This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. My advice if you want the train, wait for it to go on a deep discount, I know of two other people that returned them, because they just couldn't get them to work and they were not going to deal with the headache. . (2) If/when you get into large/heavy trains you will probably need to shift to ball bearing wheels from 3rd parties, but that need should not arise when building sets. As someone who left to the dark ages during the 9v era and came back last year for PU (completely oversleeping PF) I found myself in a similar situation. You have to use the app or a selfmade pybricks program if you want to use 2 motors with 1 hub or other motor types. 5 with PU and one with BuWizz. 45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor Is it in the wedo 2.0 ? Just like PF and PU, none of those are 100% perfect either, they all have quirks of their own. If/when you find yourself building trains that are larger/heavier than found in the sets then this thread will become invaluable. Well, it doesnt work on my app anyway. Different motors have different control options for the train motor the up/down buttonsincrements through 10 speed settings, for the medium motors it offers a bang-bang style control, they only have zero or full power state. Another (non-programmable) option is the BrickController2 app which already supports the Technic hub. TLG is working on improving the PU documentation from withinthe PU App. If your other bluetooth stuff works, then I don't think it would be as bad as that reviewer's experience. The new Spike hub has a rechargeable battery build in and has similar size as the PU train hub, but unfortunately again only 2 ports. This application is designed for train control and other automation projects. The 3.5.0 update of the Powered Up app brought us the first iteration of the customizable control interface. That's not so easy :D I tried to fit a SPIKE Prime hub into a city passenger train with all of the fancy stuff (motor, lights, sensor and sound) and it worked but the middle car had to be made a bit bigger to fit the hub and there is like negative space left. Your email address will not be published. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. With smart control of the motors, they'll adjust to demand; I find that - hmm - more "appropriate" in the world we live in. But if you need more youcould even use Spike to control your train though. Please reach out to our service experts at LEGO.build/Service-GPlay and we'll investigate. Above, when describing what app can power what motor, you mention that the: Train sub-app does not work with the 45303 Simple Medium Linear Motor, Yet at the 2min 32sec mark of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_XeuI3ueQ&feature=youtu.be&t=222, you seem to show just that. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. That's what I hate about TLG, they build this wildly powerful PU system and then only release minimal documentation for it. If you are just running the set as is, either system will work fine in your house.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook