nico ali walsh next fight 2022

Without Ali, arguably the most famous name Arum ever represented, Top Rank, he claimed this week to reporters, may never have been what it has grown to become. But I just waited for that setup, and I saw it and I took advantage, Bet365: Bet 10 on any sport, get 50 in free bets* CLAIM HERE, Open account offer. "Boxing is also my passion," he said.

All rights reserved. In his fifth fight, Ali Walsh scored a massive first-round knockout victory over Alejandro Ibarra to keep his record unblemished.

Hes amazing, Berlanga told The Post. Its actually crazy, he said. Nico Ali Walsh is the best name in Boxing! All free boxing is good boxing. Walsh went on to play at Cal for two seasons before transferring to UNLV. Links to streaming or pay-per-view platforms provided on this page, if any, are affiliate links. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

"He's a super fan," he said while smiling. With over 3 years of experience in It is a collage of Ali and Walsh. Stevenson hands Valdez first loss of his career in Las Vegas, "Being with Coach Manny throughout the week, being with Rich (Richard T. Slone) throughout the week, these two worked so perfectly together for this fight and I had a feeling this would be something special.". Unidad Editorial Informacin Deportiva, S.L.U. Nico Ali Walsh is the son of retired US Marine Corps Sergeant Robert Walsh and Rasheda Ali Walsh Muhammad Ali's daughter and a noted public speaker who uses her platform to raise money for Parkinson's research. He now turns to Ibarra (7-1, 2 KOs), a 28-year-old who has won four straight since the lone loss on his ledger. what do you think of Walsh recreating his grandfathers boxing class? Jonas: Should Taylor take Serrano rematch? Two months later Walsh returned for his second bout to face James Wesley II. Nico Ali Walsh, grandson of the great Muhammad Ali and currently an undefeated professional boxer, has graduated with a degree in Business and Entrepreneurship from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). In its 49-year history, Arum the founder and CEO has represented some of the most famous names in the business like Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Oscar de la Hoya, Sugar Ray Leonard, and, of course, Ali. "I can't help but realize that so many years ago, when I promoted his grandfather in the first fight that I promoted, that without the support of his grandfather, I wouldn't be here today as a boxing promoter. Ali Walsh expects the extra time before Saturday nights fight to be a game-changer. on Friday, whichairs live on FITE beginning at 9 p.m. Ali Walsh, the grandson of Muhammad Ali, opens up his fight on the highly-anticipated Shakur Stevenson-Oscar Valdez world title unification card (10 p.m., ESPN) at MGM Grand Garden Arena against Alejandro Ibarra Saturday night. This site is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with these schools or teams. Regarding Ali Walsh, a novice who competes against Alejandro Ibarra at the MGM Grand live on ESPN from 7 p.m. PT Saturday, Arum said: "Nico is coming on. Hey Nico, please say hello to your dad, Steven Spielberg for me. The middleweight has signed a multi-fight contract with Top Rank, headed by Bob Arum. Muhammad Ali is not the only boxing Hall of Famer in the family, and so Ali Walsh also leans on his aunt Laila Ali, a trailblazing 44-year-old former boxer who retired unbeaten with a record of 24 wins (21 knockouts). He's in the best shape I've ever seen. NICO ALI WALSH WITH AN ABSOLUTE STUNNER @NicoAliX74 x #ValdezStevenson pic.twitter.com/UXct3phVmd. go home.". An up-and-coming lightweight boxer at Premier Boxing Champions, Michel Rivera, looks and dresses like a young Ali. Hes just amazing, Walsh said. Top Rank is one of the biggest and most historic fight firms in sports. The current three-fight Valdez vs Stevenson main card can be found below. I understand what I'm getting myself into.". News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. At Bishop Gorman High School, he rushed for 4,508 yards and 65 touchdowns as his team went undefeated from 2013 to 16. Thanks for contacting us. And I'm lucky for that.". "When someone like my grandfather is as loved as he is still to this day, people want to dress like him. "You always see him in the gym and focused. "I didn't know if they would, but I guess a lot of people love my grandfather and hearing those chants is something so powerful," Walsh told Sky Sports. The card also includes an eight-round lightweight co-feature between U.S. Olympic silver medalist Keyshawn Davis and Esteban Sanchez. Canelo takes on Bivol at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, and Ali Walsh posted a photo of him with the Mexican boxer in the gym together. Laila is his mom Rasheda Ali's half sister. Ali Walsh, 21, is a novice boxer represented by the same executive who once promoted Ali. Ali Walsh said post-fight: This is just a testament to all the work I put in. Min deposit requirement. Sign up for notifications from Insider! Certainly, he will take a few more shots by the end of this year but his next bout is not confirmed yet. Ali, who is approaching his graduation from the University of Nevada, joked after his fight he had a business assignment due the following day. Its definitely something Ive been dreaming of, Ali Walsh told The Post. He looked more polished in just the short period of time between fights. Ali Walsh ended the fight, in Las Vegas on Saturday, with a single right hand in the first round, making a statement in the early stages of his career. Hes one of those guys that Ive really been watching and studying.. I think it was the fight he had before his last one, maybe two ago now, I swear every single right hand that guy threw landed. One large framed photograph remains prominent in Arum's immaculate office. Ali Walsh has goals in boxing. He wants to be the guy to knock off Muhammad Alis grandson. Im bringing my grandpa back to life, and thats why mom gets so emotional because shes seeing her dad again and hearing her dads name to me. "The greatest fighter of my time," read the caption. Abhishek Singh is a Boxing writer at EssentiallySports. from the University of Delhi. In the picture, Walsh appeared to manifest the iconic body shot of Mohammad Ali on a punching bag. Who knows what the future holds for Walsh, but if hes anything like his younger brother, Nico Ali Walsh, a 21-year-old undefeated pro boxer with five wins and four knockouts, the Ali lineage could be making a huge impact in combat sports in the near future. https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/06/mma-news-muhammad-ali-grandson-biaggio-ali-walsh-to-make-amateur-debut, Max Holloway showboated Muhammad Ali style during his UFC on ABC 1 masterpiece, Khabib Nurmagomedov considers Muhammad Ali comparisons to be 'inappropriate', Twitter reacts to Nate Diaz vs. Khamzat Chimaev being agreed to for UFC 279, Photos: Invicta FC 48 official weigh-ins and faceoffs, Ronda Rousey on the red carpet: Photos through the years, Photos: UFC, Bellator and more MMA ring card girls through the years. I dont want the night to happen already, because I already feel like I miss it.. The kid is fairly realistic about his skills and why he is on tv so he rather likeable to me. I might get all thumbs down on this but im sorry, Nico is not a good fighter. The boxing prodigy made an impressive pro boxing debut in August last year by quickly dispatching Jordan Weeks inside one round. trials at the state and national levels. Nelson: AJ showing 'serious intentions' | Will Usyk wilt under pressure? Nico Ali Walsh extended his unbeaten start to his professional career with a stunning knockout win over Alejandro Ibarra in Las Vegas on Saturday night. "It's a compliment to my grandfather and what he did," Ali Walsh added. Walsh says he simply feels comfortable inside the cage and has set a goal of becoming a champion in the future. Freshmart defeats Wanheng, retains WBA 105lb title, Full Report: Ioka defeats Nietes in rematch, Vargas edges Magsayo, wins WBC feather title. Walsh (4-0, 3 KOs) will fight Alejandro Ibarra (7-1, 2 KOs). TheBlue Corneris MMA Junkies blog space. "To watch him live his dream is just an outer body experience for me to watch, and do well at it, I want to thank him. This service is provided on talkSPORT Ltd's Terms of Use in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This is gonna be a huge, huge honor. To make up for his lack of an amateur background, Ali Walsh, who believes every fight is won weeks, maybe even months before the fight, says he spars and trains with top fighters and gets extra rounds in the gym. If you come complaining to us that something you read here is not hard-hitting news, expect to have the previous sentence repeated in ALL CAPS. Please check your email for a confirmation. The Legend Lives On had a very short amateur career before he turned pro. Its gonna be an electric night. That is one odd looking family. Unsurprisingly, the grandson of Ali says he likes to strike, but can wrestle or take it to the ground if necessary. Full Spectrum Services LLP 2021 | All Rights Reserved. Ali Walsh is a big fan of Canelo, and he recently spoke about his admiration for the Mexican boxer. UFC London start time, how to watch, live stream,Blaydes vs Aspinall, Andy Ruiz Jr vs Luis Ortiz press conference (video), Jesse Rodriguez still in rhythm, will be more than ready for Israel Gonzalez on Sep 17 in Las Vegas, Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna full fight video highlights, Alexis Rocha scores UD against Luis Alberto Veron, lifts NABO belt (video), Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna post-fight press conference (video), Lamont Roach Jr decisions Angel Rodriguez, wins world title eliminator (video), Joet Gonzalez vs Isaac Dogboe date, time, tickets, where to watch, undercard, Teofimo Lopez next fight date set for Aug 13 against Pedro Campa in Las Vegas Tickets, Stephan Shaw dominates, drops & stops Bernardo Marquezin the first round (video), Usman Nurmagomedov, Davion Franklin, among eight unbeaten prospects on Bellator 283 card, Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Collazo joins Canelo vs GGG 3 undercard, ROH Death Before Dishonor 2022card, tickets, how to watch, date, time, PPV price, Gary Antuanne Russell lays out whats next if unscathed in Rances Barthelemy fight, Oscar Valdez vs. Shakur Stevenson, junior lightweight, 12 rounds junior lightweight title unification, Valdezs WBC title, Stevensons WBO title, Keyshawn Davis vs. Esteban Sanchez, 8 rounds, lightweight, Nico Ali Walsh vs. Alejandro Ibarra, 4 rounds, middleweight. Notably, the 21-year-old boxer had made a successful debut last year and earned the spotlight. And even at that level, he treated everyone equally," Ali Walsh told us. A post shared by Top Rank Boxing (@toprank). All rights reserved. Bet 10 & Get 50 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365. Theyre not going to be able to hide him for toooo long! Some people get off him as cocky, but when you get to really meet the kid, hes a humble kid. Following the completion "Laila used to give me advice, come to my amateur fights that were in Los Angeles, and understands the pressure that comes with fighting as an Ali," he said. Ali Walsh last fought in January in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he knocked out Jeremiah Yaegar in two rounds. Ali Walsh is starting to make a name for himself in the boxing world, as he recorded a one-punch, first-round knockout victory over Alejandra Ibarra on his Las Vegas debut on Monday night. Nico Ali Walsh is a new name to boxing but his direct relation with The Greatest of all Time, Muhammad Ali, gives him a unique recognition. So, I just fell in love with that idea so, I chose MMA., A post shared by Biaggio (@biaggioaliwalsh). I was setting him up with the right hand. With his football days behind him, Walsh turns his attention to an MMA career. Beyond the comfortability of training and staying in his hometown, Ali Walsh believes being able to train every day at the Top Rank gym hes grown accustomed to will reap its rewards inside the ring. "The way he spoke, his poetry, the way he carried himself he was the grandfather of trash talk, and the grandfather of hip hop. Recently, a picture of the young star circulated on the internet and drew attention. Nico Ali Walsh the 21-year-old grandson of the legendart Muhammad Ali scored a sensational knockout of Alejandro Ibarra to win his fifth professional fight. Ali Walsh stepped into the ring for the first time as a professional on August 14, 2021 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he knocked out Jordan Weeks inside four rounds. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. "The pressure of him being my grandfather is something I never felt," the novice fighter said. "He's such a sponge, he's such an easy learner, whatever you tell him he masters, he's the perfect student, to watch him live his dream and get better at it is wonderful. The undercard is expected to be announced shortly. I noticed his left hand was going down when he threw the jab. Walsh wrote, Divine timing with my favorite fighter., WATCH: Blood Thirsty Fighter Slammed for Cheap Shot That Almost Broke His Lingard, Kounde, Zinchenko and more, Pep 'disappointed' with absent players | Neymar links are 'false'. One of those top fighters is super middleweight star Edgar Berlanga. This Walsh character needs home cooking for as long as possible otherwise its a very short ugly career. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. And that was no time at all. "I love boxing. After defeating Reyes Sanchez at Madison Square Garden in December a fight he admitted he struggled in Ali Walsh secured an impressive TKO victory over Jeremiah Yeager in January. In the year 2022, Walsh has fought two more bouts and won both by TKO. haha why doesnt his papa just put him in some of his movies so he doesnt have to pretend to be a boxer. This is the longest time Ive had between fights, so this is the biggest improvement youll see between fights.. In some ways, it feels wrong that Khamzat Chimaev will be Nate Diaz's final UFC fight but also kind of right. Mother Rasheda Ali could not hide her pride as she praised her son's development, hailing his early success as a culmination of years of hard work. "People have a hard time accepting the fact there are all-time greats right now, like Tyson Fury. Sign up for the MMA Junkie newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Unidad Editorial Informacin Deportiva, S.L.U. The American middleweight prospect produced fireworks on his Las Vegas debut at the weekend as he recorded a one-punch, first-round knockout victory over Alejandro Ibarra at MGM Grand Garden Arena. But his magnetic charm, rhythmic smack talk, and his activism saw him transcend boxing into one of America's most beloved celebrities. UFC 277 hit with multitude of withdrawals. People want to look like him. He now has a 5-0 win-loss record, including four knockouts. I do see the little improvements hes making, but if he ever fights a real fighter, it wont be pretty! He again claimed the victory by third-round knockout. From now on, Im going to refer to Nico Walsh as Cautious Clay. People want to talk like him. He stands next to the picture of himself, while the guest stays to the side of Ali. Time limits and T&Cs apply 18+ Begambleaware.org. He also knows fans will be seeing a new-and-improved product. WATCH THIS STORY Top 5Fightson Which Boxing Fans Would Pay Anything to Watch . Middleweight Nico Ali Walsh, grandson of The Greatest Muhammad Ali will open ESPNs April 30 televised broadcast featuring the junior lightweight world title unification between WBC champion Oscar Valdez and WBO king Shakur Stevenson. There are other fighters more deserving of that spot and payday. But as one can expect from an Ali, they too transcend the sport. By: franklivia and twsnteam, Why The Minnesota Vikings Can Win The Super Bowl In 2022, The Drew League Is Once Again The Topic Of Summer Basketball, Most Influential Athletes In Sports History, Pre-Training Camp Philadelphia Eagles Starting Roster Projection For 2022. Respect to him for climbing through those ropes, when he obviously doesnt have to. Especially because this fight in particular is probably going to be one of the fights of the year. The beginning of high school I really started to like MMA just because of the different aspects of fighting. After logging in you can close it and return to this page. I watch this guy fight 3 times, to me he is a waste of time, living off the Ali name. Not a bad ESPN card. He goes by the nickname La Zarza Ali, wears white shorts with black trim that say Ali on them, and is generating hype based on his likeness. Papers: Man City turn down Neymar in Silva swap deal, Man Utd transfer rumours: Ronaldo 'willing to do anything' to leave, Forest in talks to sign Lingard | West Ham awaiting decision, Stenson removed from Ryder Cup captaincy ahead of LIV Golf switch, Zinchenko finalising 32m Arsenal move | Pep: His impact at City has been massive, Bassey joins Ajax on five-year deal | Rangers receive club-record fee, Chelsea in Kounde talks | Tuchel expects Broja to stay, Flavor Flav was full of praise of his godson Nico Ali Walsh after his big win in Las Vegas against Alejandro Ibarra, Shakur Stevenson put in a convincing performance over Oscar Valdez to become unified junior lightweight champion. Ali Walsh, who improved his professional record to 5-0 with the victory, showcased his speed and power as he unleashed a devastating left, right combination to send Ibarra tumbling to the canvas, the referee showing no hesitation in stopping the contest. Nerves, he claimed, every fighter feels. playing the sport, Abhishek is also the holder of a Bachelor's in Arts degree "He's probably the most recognizable person in the world in his prime. In the co-feature U.S. Olympic silver medalist Keyshawn Davis and Esteban Sanchez meet in an eight-rounder at lightweight.

His masterclass against Cleveland Williams remains a strong exhibit to show anybody seeking an introduction to the fight game. Thank you. The 21-year-old Ali Walsh, just 4-0 in his young career, knows he is being fast-tracked due to the weight and intrigue his last name carries. The only difference between both pictures is that Walsh is recreating the same shot with the same body movement in the modern gym while Alis picture is old. You can support FIGHTMAG with a contribution of any size. Walsh also brings a D1-caliber football background, which speaks to his athletic ability. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. "The biggest thing I love about fighters is their discipline, and I've noticed with Canelo that he has that discipline," he said. He needs to develop more before throwing him on these big cards and wasting the airtime. as well as other partner offers and accept our. of his training as an amateur boxer, he is currently preparing to appear for This is a dream come true. if it wasnt for his name, he would be lined up to get small time fights at the local bingo halls and bars. Boxing legend Muhammad Alis grandson will step into an MMA cage on Friday. Ali Walsh, one day, wants to be known primarily as Nico, rather than Ali's grandson. The grandson of The Greatest Muhammad Ali, takes on Denvers Alejandro Ibarra in a four-round middleweight bout that is set to kickoff Valdez vs Stevenson main card live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and live stream ESPN+. He stepped into the ring in white Everlast shorts reminiscent of is grandfather in his debut fight. Muhammad Ali's grandson Nico Ali Walsh returns to the ring for his fifth fight Saturday. WBC champion Oscar Valdez and WBO champion Shakur Stevenson square off in a twelve-round junior lightweight title unification. We've received your submission. Stay up to date with what you want to know. While his familys combat sports legacy is inside the boxing ring, he was attracted to the clash of styles that so often presents itself inside the cage. "My grandfather used boxing to change the lives of millions of people and that's why everyone loves him so much," Ali Walsh told Insider inside the MGM Grand ballroom just a day away from his fifth pro bout. He fought only 30 fights in his amateur career, and his links with big names in boxing assisted him in becoming a highly skilled boxer under the wings of the world-renowned trainers. "Aside from that, his aggressiveness in the ring and his ring IQ mainly is unlike other, boxers today and that's what makes him so special.". ESPN Ringside shared the picture on Twitter. LAS VEGAS Muhammad Ali's grandson Nico Ali Walsh is determined to continue his "family lineage" and "legacy" when he returns to the ring Saturday for his fifth pro boxing fight. "I truly believe he's one of the all-time greats," said Ali Walsh. Inside veteran boxing promoter Bob Arum's office at Top Rank headquarters, which is a building the company owns approximately four miles south of the Vegas strip, there are numerous nods to Ali. He turned pro last August with a headline-grabbing first-round knockout. "He didn't look at anybody differently, he didn't condemn anyone, and he wasn't arrogant towards anyone. Considering Ali Walsh is a descendant of "The Greatest," Insider asked him for his take on fighters, like Rivera, who model themselves on his grandfather. Starting his training in 2020, Walsh began working towards a debut a year later. His promotion, Top Rank, took to social media to congratulate 'The Ghost' on his latest feat. ", Speaking to reporters at the start of a Las Vegas fight week Monday, he said Ali"is an icon and the greatest of all time but in my head, he's just my grandfather. My defense had improved a ton, just my overall composure in the ring improved, between fights three and four. "He's in good hands, Richard T Sloan, Richard brought the dog out of him. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player. "I want to be the best in boxing because that's what I love and that's what I've worked so hard for," he said. In December, he scored a majority decision win against Reyes Sachez. Uiagalelei, Landing Donovan Mitchell Would Put The New York Knicks Back On Track, Biggest Position Holes Left On Roster Series: NFC West Edition, Top Five NFL Quarterbacks To Watch In 2022. Especially with him having that background with Muhammad Ali being his grandfather, all that stuff, hes just a humble kid, he works very hard in the gym.. "It's almost something you can't even dream about because it seems so unrealistic, but I couldn't work any harder for this fight," he said. Nico Ali Walsh has thrown his support behind Canelo Alvarez ahead of his upcoming fight with Dmitry Bivol. Walsh won the fight in a spectacular fashion. "It has been a long journey for Nico, he has been grinding for seven years as an amateur, really just get the best opportunity to fight," she said. ", By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider The place Arum maneuvers them towards is beside a Karl Lagerfield-designed punching bag one of only five in existence. People want to be him," he said. As he makes his hometown debut in Las Vegas, there is only one dilemma for Nico Ali Walsh. The Biggest Question For Each Big Ten Team Ahead Of The 2022 Media Days, 2022 Will Be A Make Or Break Season For D.J. ALL OF THEM. Ive gotten to know Oscar and Shakur, and its an honor to fight on their card., Im focused on my fight, as Ibarra is a capable veteran.

Stuff like this happens when you put the work in. He ended his second professional fight with a technical knockout victory in the third round. Let us know in the comments below. Biaggio Ali Walsh makes his amateur debut at Fusion Fight Leagues Rumble Under the Rims in Billings, Mont.

2022 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Muhammad Alis grandsons first pro bout included a little bit of fate, Meet Nico Ali Walsh, Muhammad Alis grandson chasing grandfathers legacy, Muhammad Alis grandson wins pro boxing debut after emotional journey, Deric Augustine channels Cassius Clay in Godfather of Harlem, Shakur Stevenson-Oscar Valdez world title unification card, defeating Reyes Sanchez at Madison Square Garden in December. The youngster returned to the ring two months later against James Westley II. Trainer Slone was quick to point out that he had just handled business. Muhammad Alis daughter, Rasheda Ali, and her husband Robert Walsh raised Ali Walsh in the Las Vegas area, and the middleweight currently attends UNLV. "I don't know who that is," Ali Walsh said initially. We will be paid a commission, with no extra cost to you, if you use those links to make a purchase. So if someone at his level can be that way then who am I to treat anybody any differently?". When we reached for our phone to show him the picture above, Ali Walsh looked overjoyed. The most important lesson Ali Walsh learned from Ali was not one 'The Greatest' delivered in the ring, but one he adhered to outside of it. Growing up, I was always a fan of martial arts and boxing, Walsh told BroBible. Tickets can be purchased through Vivid Seats and Ticket Network. A highly-anticipated fighter, Walsh has the advantage of being the grandson of Ali and also the pressure to match the expectations. Opponents Back in Half.

The date has been set for the next fight of Nico Ali Walsh, as Las Vegas native goes through the ropes on Saturday, April 30 at MGM Grand Garden Arena. I knew that when he was alive and playing. "But I also want to change the lives of millions of people just like my grandfather did. Please log in again. Ali Walsh (4-0, 3 KOs) graduated from Las Vegas Bishop Gorman High School and is currently a student at UNLV, where he is on track to graduate later this month with a degree in business entrepreneurship. And yes hes not very skilled but if he put in with similar skill level opponents it makes for decent matches instead of some up and comer blowing out some poor ham and egger. He stopped his opponent in the first round amid a jam-packed arena. The genes are there, the ability is there, the determination is there.". To Ali Walsh, though, he remains simply "my grandfather. The undefeated star is a natural middleweight and competes in the same weight class. As the grandson of The Greatest, the youngster is boxing on big stages under a lot of pressure and so seemed very relieved with his triumph on Saturday. The boxer has fought only five professional bouts and became a rising prospect. Just another jake paul clown taking advantage of grampas name! Nico Ali Walsh is the latest from the Ali family to turn over as a professional boxer. I kinda feel bad for the kid. I didnt think it was going to happen this early in my career, so its a huge honor. Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! "It's really amazing and I'm just so thankful for this victory," said Ali Walsh.

"When you work that hard this kind of stuff happens. The 23-year-old descendant of The Greatest trains at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, and begins his combat sports journey carrying a prestigious legacy of fighting into the cage.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook