thai airways economy seats

All Rights Reserved. All rights reserved. Preferred Seats in Economy Class are located at the cabin's front rows and in the emergency exit rows. I was traveling with an extra 20 kg of luggage (1 American check bag) during an extended consulting trip. I need to fly to Melbourne rather urgently as my son is having emergency surgery on his achilles heal and found a good price with Thai Aiirways but having never flown with them before have been searching for reviews. thai class a380 silk royal seating airways aircraft seat I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Economy Class travelers on long distance regional and intercontinental flights are provided with a personal pillow and blanket for a more restful journey. I thought I would share my Thai Air Review in Economy Class with you, because of our wonderful flight we experienced with this airline. Thank you for taking the time to share that this article helped you. The IFE system is stocked with an average number of TV shows and movies. Having never travelled injured before, save for a tooth infection, it was eye-opening to go behind the scenes and see what goes on to ensure all passengers, whether injured or not, make it to their final destination.

When not studying towards her Masters or planning the next adventure, she works in one of Australia's top advertising agencies. Thanks for the post. We were given a blow up Thai aircraft for both girls on one sector, but nothing on the other 3 sectors so this provision seems very hit or miss, or perhaps it is on request only?

Gr8 Travel Tips uses cookies to ensure the best experience on this website. Hi Suen, I had chosen to take the day flight departing Melbourne at 15:15 as opposed to the night flight departing 23:30 as night flights out of Australia tend to be fuller. A footrest took away a bit of knee space, but I generally remain a big fan of them in economy. The service from flight attendants was outstanding! The ticket agents confirmed this is often the case of the MEL BKK route when I checked in. First impressions were great. Ive flown as a guest of THAI Airways and also on my own dime. Fares are based on zones, with an all-day unlimited pass costing 120 baht. One attendant, in particular, Eugene, looked after me on my flight, and even found time to come and chat with me to discuss the recent passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and what the King meant to the people of Thailand; as well as sharing his tips for what travellers should do on their first trip to Thailand. *Fees are in US Dollars and will be converted into local currency at time of purchase. Check-in at Phuket was quick, owing to a dedicated line for folks who had already checked-in via the airlines mobile app. The first thing my wife and I noticed when we boarded the Thai Airways aircraft and took our seats in Economy, was the amount of leg roomthere was, in comparison to most other major airlines when traveling in this class. Read the site's full Disclosure / Privacy Policy. Im not sure protocol on other airlines, but I was impressed with the way that each team airline and airport assisted me and other injured or limited mobility passengers on that flight home. .

The property is in a great location in downtown Bangkok. THAI is introducing THAI Economy Plus, a new service to provide our passengers with extra comfort and privacy. I just wanted to ask what the comfy pink cushions your girls were sitting on in the first on flight photo please? The aircraft and the economy seating was comfortable and spacious. . The rooms are a little on the smaller size, but they are comfortable; offering plush furnishings which left me feeling like I could bein a stylish New York Cityapartment. Gotta love a good curry! Personally, I love zipping around on motorbike taxis. All in all, the hard product and living space on this A350 was quite enjoyable, and I wouldnt hesitate to fly the Thai A350 long-haul. Sitting next to a couple, with the rather burly bloke occupying the middle seat, the cabin crew could see his discomfort and offered for me to move to the vacant middle row across the aisle before take-off which I gratefully accepted. This THAI Airways flight review is a collaboration of those experiences. If I had, I would have (again) chosen a curry but been presented with a mixed fruit salad for dessert. Eye shades and ear plugs are also available on request. Like long haul, WiFi is chargeable. . . Of course! Flying for the first time with Thai Airlines really did remind me of what airline travel used to be years ago. In order to experience this type of service today, one must travel either First Class or Business Class. I love to fly! Save for New Zealand, all of the international flights I take are a usually a minimum of six hours . The tradition of tipping waiters and waitresses arose in coffee houses. Baby Travel Checklist: The Essential Packing Checklist for Flying With Baby, Baby Travel Essentials & Baby Travel Packing List. The A350X will also be replacing planes on the Sydney Bangkok route at some point in 2018. Nicole is a frequent flying (sometimes) freelance writer with a love of aviation, cultural travel, and affordable luxury. Have a travel with kids query? The Boeing 777 operated by THAI Airways seemed to be a little on the older side (A350Xs are beginning to replace the ageing B777 fleet), but despite the technology being a little on the older side, the 9-inch seatback LCD screens are suitable for the long flight.

Our 2 flights were non-stop to and from the Cities of Hong Kong and Bangkok. WithTHAI Airways has launched the new A350Xs on the MEL BKK route which Im excited to fly on my next Thai adventure. The seat had a USB port touch screen and handset. A cheeky piece of advice is to instead of paying the extra per kilogram fee is to instead purchase an additional piece of baggage and divide your property amongst it; or if you know in advance, purchase extra weight online but before arriving at the airport. Thai Airways policy can be found here https://www.thaiairways.com/en/plan/travel_information/baggage.page. Follow Flying With A Baby on the following platforms for exclusive content : Things to do in New York in Winter with kids. The aircraft configuration changes at the very back of the plane, where the body narrows, to a 2-3-2 configuration. These have been selected based on age under 3 years, 3 to 6 years and 7 to 21 years of age. For navigation you may use the arrow keys to select a day. This website is best viewed with Chrome V.38 or higher, Firefox V.27 or higher, Desktop Safari V.7 or higher, Mobile Safari V.5 or higher and Internet Explorer v.11 or higher.Copyright 2022 Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI). The crowded bus made its way along the ramp before dropping us all off at the domestic terminal to make onward connections. For navigation you may use the arrow keys to select a day. The crew were all very professional and extremely courteous at all times. Travel Period: 25 October - 31 December 2020 (To London on Sundays) / 30 October 27 November 2020 (To Frankfurt on Fridays). Next to the screen was a USB port for charging small devices as well as a powerpoint located under the seat (there seemed to be two powerpoints for each row of three). I have flown twice with them and would definitely be flying again bank balance allowing! Thai Airways provides a wide variety of Tv channels, movies and games for kids. So, fellow traveler, please, for my sake, dont fly Thai Air. Agree on a price before you hop onboard. The configuration was a standard 3-4-3. Please note that inflight entertainment systems and other full services amenities are not available on these flights. A post shared by Travel Blogger | Book Reviews (@gr8traveltips). The only thing I didnt like was being serviced canola butter to top my roll. Drinks were distributed along with a warm meal. When I woke I noticed the crew had left some water and snacks in the seat pocket in front. Plus additional privileges that will make a journey smoother and more pleasant. Join ourFamily Travel Forum: TRAVEL WITH KIDS WORLDWIDE Facebook Group herewhich includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit around the globe and more with input from members who live or visit these places regularly. *** THAI is currently offering limited inflight services for special charter and repatriation flights. Tips to make travel with your child easy & stress-free! On recent day flights, I have heard that Thai Airways have been giving out a metal lunchbox full of snacks like the picture below. These have been selected based on age under 3 years, 3 to 6 years and 7 to 21 years of age. When I stayed, they were trialling new fitness programs in the gym, including Muay Thai classes! If you feel like a drink just ask a flight attendant and theyll be happy to assist you both during meal service and also throughout the flight. Here is our Thai Airways Economy Review for the the A380. As the cabin quietened after meal time, I went for a wander to stretch my legs and found him in the galley doing odd jobs. Once tickets have been issued, passengers can now opt for a preferred seat prior to departure for a fee, which is based on distance flown and flight duration. We have picked up plenty of tips for travelling through the baby, toddler, pre-schooler stages and beyond! On the outbound sector we had the DEFG seats and back in to Heathrow we had the ABC and then across the aisle D seat. Wishing you safe travels and your son a speedy recovery. From the moment I got to the THAI Airways check-in at Phuket Airport, throughBangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and finally through Melbourne Airport, a THAI Airways staff member or airport handler ensured I got where I needed to go. I was also thankful I was travelling with a great group of friends who left no (wo)man behind. Travel comfortably in our spacious wide-body cabins with service that is always gracious and smiling. In particular, on the Melbourne Bangkok leg of my journey, I had a great customer service experience with Eugene. Thai Airways International Commercial YouTube Video, Thai Air Economy Class Flight Review vs Air Canada, Thai Airways Exceptional Service Like Days of Old. *NOTE: I began drafting this post in 2015. The chicken curry (above) was truly very tasty and the ANZAC Biscuit a lovely treat. . Make sure its put between you and the driver or secure. I am in awe of this airline. They look comfy!! Remember when your economy class flight included hot meal service, alcoholic beverages, hot towel service and so much more? **Preferred seat is not applicable for domestic sector in Thailand, For futher queries please refer to FAQ section. Ive also listed the Official Tourism Thailand link below to their website page for your convenience. (coming soon! I can only imagine what flying in First Class would be like on this airline! While annoying, its important to check the baggage policy before booking to ensure you have enough baggage allowance. Thai Airlines has extortionary extra baggage policies. Economy Class travellers on international flights and long distance domestic flights are provided with a pillow and blanket. One of the nice things about food on the return journey and domestic flights within Thailand is that the airline tries to source food and snacks from The Royal Projects, founded by the King Bhumibol Adulyadej to bring more job opportunities to regional Thailand and to curb the drug trade. That being said, flying and I dont always get along. Pricing plans are data-based and a bit on the expensive side, starting at $9.99US for 30MB and scaling up to $19.99 for 100MB. Make sure you go with a licensed driver. In a series of unfortunate events, I found myself badly injured and using crutches/a wheelchair on my return journey back to Melbourne late last year more about that later. Soon after take-off, we were served a late lunch starting with some pre-packaged salted nuts. They always enjoy eating on the plane and it is one of the things they look forward to the most. Ensuring I had seats next to me to keep my ankle elevated (a doctors note helped score the extra seats as it was a full flight! The food on all the Thai Airways flights Ive taken has been pretty tasty. This long haul flight on Thai was a night flight from London Heathrow direct to Bangkok. Accommodation rates in Thailand are on the more reasonable side whichever city you travel to, even in Bangkok! Ive found that the THAI Airways cabin crew are always top notch, and this trip was no different. THAI cabin crew are specially trained to help with small children during the flight, and in Thai tradition are delighted to do so. A Celebration of Christmas Beer in Denmark, First Time in Bangkok? Living in Australia, I dont know the joys of being able to pop over to a different country. As an unashamed aviation geek you'll find plenty of airline and aviation talk alongside travel tips and narratives. Its a small touch to be left food when you are sleeping or for the team to ask you if you need assistance before you press the bell or stop them as they walk the aisles. Please click 'Ok' to accept this. Comfortable wider than average seats and generous legroom that exceeds most other airlines, is one of the hallmarks of Economy Class travel with THAI. Theres no need to search for those Best Economy Airline Seats with this carrier, economy seating is roomy! Large, modern and spacious: you know what youre going to get at a Hilton property and this one is no different. Despite an understandable wariness, the hefty snack turned out to be quite tasty.

True to the Thai thinking and their popular brand of;Fly Thai Smooth as Silk, all passengers on Thai Airways flights enjoy the renowned service and wonderful Thai hospitality, which has earned a reputation known all over the world. On flights from Australia to Bangkok, youll be served a meal and a snack. A second hot meal was served before landing, however, I was asleep and didnt eat it. It was my first flight behind the wing in an A350, and it was incredible how quiet it was. We attempted to use a Plane Pal on the flight but were told that this and other sleep devices were not currently allowed on Thai. 2. Best wishes, It was far from the usual food on other airlines that tasted like instant microwaved packages. I would love a picture of the super jumbo. Latest Airline News For Flying With Kids. The Boeing 777-300 is set in a 3-3-3 configuration in Economy, and by the time boarding had been completed, it was obvious that the forward section of Economy, where I was seated, was going to be pretty empty. Please read ticket terms and condition which will be shown in the booking process. The A350X will also be replacing planes on the Sydney Bangkok route at some point in 2018. Economy Class lavatories are located throughout the cabin and offer ample facilities for all travelers.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook