counted worthy scripture

Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. And he said with a loud voice, Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. It is nice to read that you have read many of the studies! - Webster's BibleBut beware of slumbering; and every moment pray that you may be fully strengthened to escape from all these coming evils, and to take your stand in the presence of the Son of Man. Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. I am not worthy of the least of all the deeds of steadfast love and all the faithfulness that you have shown to your servant, for with only my staff I crossed this Jordan, and now I have become two camps. And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. But those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power. So glorify God in your body. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 38And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him. Copyright 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. C And they sang a new song, saying, Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name. (1 Thes 4:13-17, 1 Cor 15:51-52) It presents no thought that only some (those holy enough) will be raptured. Praise the Lord! I have been crucified with Christ. And such were some of you. And so to be counted worthy to escape, is to have the honour of it, and to be fitted or prepared for it. I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. No software to install. Some versions say to pray that you would "be worthy" to escape the things to come. 33Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Publication date: Jul 10, 2022. But it is great to read that you are 'anxiously anticipating the Rapture'. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.. Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. That is how Paul started in his letter to them: 1Co 1:4-8 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, (5) that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, (6) even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, (7) so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, (8) who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel. Now I know that there are some teachers who believe in a 'partial rapture' and teach that only the 'overcoming' Christians will be taken in the rapture while the rest of the body of Christ will be left to go through the tribulation. He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in mepractice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. A Psalm for giving thanks. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart. Pray that you will be able to escape all that is about to happen. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. And whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy in it and stay there until you depart. F Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man., Watch all the time. After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Bible Gateway Plus. It is also important, as a true believer, to be watchful and alert in the days in which we live. But let's say, for sake of argument, that 'counted worthy' is the correct translation. For more information on a partial rapture and why it isn't biblical you could read: Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. So why does Jesus tell us to pray that we may be counted worthy? (36) Watch therefore, andpray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.". You can be sure that when Jesus returns He is coming for His bride. 37And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. Ascribe to the Lord, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man., Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man., Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place and to stand before the Son of Man., Keep awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the son of man.. It is through faith that a person is declared righteous in God's sight (Rom 4:3-6). Lest the avenger of blood in hot anger pursue the manslayer and overtake him, because the way is long, and strike him fatally, though the man did not deserve to die, since he had not hated his neighbor in the past. V Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. When looking at an important topic like who is going to be raptured, it is important to look at the whole counsel of God and compare scripture with scripture. But it didn't stop Paul saying that they will be in the rapture and nor did it stop him saying that they (the born again believers in Corinth and by extension all true believers) will be 'blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ'. Gaining Perspective: How should this information impact the way you choose to live today? But this, for a true believer, is related to rewards, not participation in the rapture. Know that the Lord, he is God! Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Define worthy using a dictionary. Or is Jesus returning once or twice? And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree. I'm not qualified to say which is correct. "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." This world is not our home and the longer I live in it the more of an 'alien and stranger' I feel! New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. Come into his presence with singing! For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. And I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, For the Scripture says, You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain, and, The laborer deserves his wages.. The alternative will be terrible! But the centurion replied, Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! The Lord appeared to him from far away. Is the Holy Spirit still active afterwards? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born? Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? The passages that speak specifically about the rapture/our glorification speak of ALL Christians being changed in that day. So the context of His statement has the whole world in view. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.. It was in many regards a sinful mess and Paul had to speak very firmly in his letter to them! Let them praise your great and awesome name! It is not that some true children of God will be left behind at the rapture. J And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Is there a pretrib rapture? The coming judgement is upon all on this earth. How are you going to be worthy? If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. I thought our worthiness came from our position in Christ, Hi and thanks for the question. 18. And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. But be shomer (on guard, alert), always davening that you may be able to escape all these things that are about to happen and that you may be able to stand before the Ben HaAdam (Moshiach DANIEL 7:13-14). I hope this helps. O Lord, you have searched me and known me! Not part of the bride. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! And how important it is to those that dwell on this earth that they are considered worthy to be rescued at this time and are included in this way of escape! You are correct that our worthiness comes through faith in the Lord Jesus. acts Watch ye therefore, and pray alwayes, that ye may be accompted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to passe, and to stand before the sonne of man.- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible Scan"But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man. Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. P God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.. Read John 17. M How should this information impact your concern for the unbeliever? Get biblically wise and spiritually fit. Scriptural Insight: Paul consistently made what god has done for believers the basis of his appeals for them to lead lives in keeping with their destiny. Related Topics: Curriculum, Women, Worldview, Melanie Newton is the founder of Joyful Walk Ministries, an online ministry that helps women learn to study the Bible for themselves and grow their Bible-teaching skills to lead others on a joyful walk with Jesus. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. Not just an arm. Blog, A Pray all the time so that you may be able to keep from going through all these things that will happen and be able to stand before the Son of Man., Keep alert at all times. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?. Watch, therefore, and pray continually. Then the priests and the prophets said to the officials and to all the people, This man deserves the sentence of death, because he has prophesied against this city, as you have heard with your own ears.. You have established equity; you have executed justice and righteousness in Jacob. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man., Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength to escape the tribulations that are imminent and to stand before the Son of Man., But stay alert at all times, praying that you will have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man., But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man., Be vigilant at all times, praying for the strength to survive all those things that will take place and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man., So be ready all the time. What then is Jesus saying? Pray that you will be strong enough to escape all these things that will happen and that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man., But stay alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that must happen, and to stand before the Son of Man., Always keep watching. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. You cannot bring works into it any more than you can bring works into our initial justification. Add your own cross-references. Luke 21:36 KJV. The fact is that the rapture, where we get our new body and are changed into His image (called our glorification), is as much a part of our salvation (which is all by grace through faith) as our initial justification. I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. Ascribe to the Lord, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Publisher: OpenBible.info. 17. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon. 16. So am I! That ye may be counted worthy - This word sometimes signifies an honour conferred on a person, as when the apostles are said to be counted worthy to suffer shame for Christ, #Acts 5:41|.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook