mcmillan elementary school

Although we know that public health also receives notification of COVID-19 positive tests through other means, we contact the Public Health Unit of the San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) and provide pertinent information to their office. Ha sido un placer trabajar junto a nuestro personal sirviendo a nuestros increbles estudiantes y familias. Take time to remember all those who make sacrifices for the freedom of everyone. Thank you for your patience, as it will take time to review submissions. CVESD School Incident Response 05-24-22 English. To find a testing location near you, please visit: We will not limit how many family members can come to the event. Testing is every Tuesday. All Rights Reserved. Local Measures are district-level assessments to show growth (TK-6th) and CAASPP (Grades 3-6) are state-wide assessments. Sus respuestas ayudarn al Distrito a determinar las cualidades que est buscando en un nuevo director. Wednesday, April 27th McMillin School Site Council (3:00-4:00) *SSC Agenda 04_27_2022, Thursday, June 2nd 6th Grade Promotion (9:00 am-10:00 am), Get updates by email when there is a new post. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! 2020 Clark County School District. Thank you, your email will be added to the mailing list once you click on the link in the confirmation email. This is the disclaimer text. More information to come. Los aliento a participar en la seleccin de un nuevo director completando una encuesta de opiniones una vez que est disponible y distribuida. Fax: 702-799-4307 Clark County School District Gracias por todo su apoyo y por confiarme a sus hijos.

Student-based decision-making will be used to develop collaboration and meaningful involvement among all stakeholders.

6th-grade parents please drive through and park on our blacktop. Posted on To register your childCLICK HERE. Wednesday, May 4th May the 4th Be With You. The transition will be effective June 17, with my last official day on the McMillin campus being June 17. Estoy muy orgullosa de nuestro trabajo juntos. I urge each of you to take good care of yourselves and your families andto find ways to connect with one another through compassion. Please respect this individuals privacy. Please make every effort to fill out this very important survey. 05/17/2022, Los Altos Elementary School has been named one of 300 schools from 44 states across the country to receive a grant through the Laura Bush Foundation f, Dr. Eduardo Reyes announces Dr. Shawna Codrington as the first principal of Fahari L. Jeffers Elementary School, Posted on If any of you have a talent for making baskets after we have received the donations, let me or your teacher know. We believe this will be enough. It will be outside on our blacktop. Fifth grade will also be assessed in Science. 07/15/2022. Your responses will assist the District in determining the qualities you are seeking in a new principal. Together, we have strengthened our schools culture, parent engagement, instructional practices, student outcomes, and collaborated on how best to support our community during a pandemic. Topics in this important survey include school appearance, finances, technology, instruction, as well as attitudes about safety, transportation, climate, and communication. Students, parents, and teachers work collaboratively to ensure ALL students, including English Language Learners, students with disabilities, and designated target groups, understand where they are, where they are going next, and show measurable growth on the learning progression which is based on CCSS. THANK YOU! Grades 3-6 will be tested in Language Arts and Math. Had unprotected contact with the body fluids and/or secretions (including, but not limited to, being coughed on or sneezed on, sharing utensils, or drinking out of the same container) of a COVID-19 Patient. You made all this possible. Important reminder: This is a courtesy notice and we hope it will encourage you to stay safe by maintaining physical distance from others, wear a face covering, and checking daily for symptoms. Phone: 702-799-4350 McMillin has many opportunities for parent involvement. May 20th from 4:00-7:00 pm!! As we move forward together, I call on our school community to remember that every action begins with each one of us. Our school counselor and school psychologist, are available to provide support for students on campus, but we know that parents and legal guardians are a vital part of a childs education that extends outside of school hours. The parking lot is reserved for our TK, SCD, and kinder parents. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DG566I7Aska7c0XdByuqM4wfaagl6zZKkYCxnPJ0SSFUMTRJMExFNE1GSVZESUJJRVNEWDNDQjAzMy4u. Please contact the school immediately if you (staff member) or your child tests positive for COVID-19. I hope you all can make it to our Spring Carnival this Friday from 4:00-7:00 pm. If any individual is on campus during their communicable period, to ensure everyones safety, staff at the site will clean and disinfect the areas of exposure, per CDC guidelines, using only Environmental Protection Agency-approved cleaning solutions. Your childs teacher will be communicating with you about donating to the classroom auction baskets. You have all become part of my extended family and will always hold a very special place in my heart. No tengo suficientes palabras para describir el honor que ha sido servir como directora de la Escuela Primaria McMillin durante estos ltimos aos. This will promote goodwill and pride in the McMillin School community. Thank you for all your support, and for entrusting me with your children. We want your input! about Support for school library designed to develop in students a love of learning, about Dr. Eduardo Reyes announces Dr. Shawna Codrington as the first principal of Fahari L. Jeffers Elementary School, Anne & William Hedenkamp Elementary School. Each year, we analyze the results of the survey. THANK YOU, PTA!! If you dont use it, the Bb footer will slide up. Mission: We will work together to increase student achievement by providing an instructional program in which identified student needs will determine curriculum implementation, staff development, and instructional planning. A reminder that the email address used for the notifications isDoNotReply@cvesd.org and DO NOT reply to the email. 07/19/2022. McMillin Campus will be off-limits to family members. The District learned individual(s) at school tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19. Chula Vista Elementary School District Welcomes New Leadership Ahead of 2022-23 School Year, Posted on Let me close by expressing my sincere appreciation for the work of our staff and community. Because our school will still be in session, all of our families will need to be off-campus by. 1340. Please reach out to your childs teacher to help with classroom auction baskets. To all our wonderful McMillin moms, I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day to all of our wonderful McMillin mom. Your 6th grader will be able to leave with you for the day. Next up, PTA Beginning of the year BBQ. Teachers and students have the expectation and mindset, that one gets smarter through ones effort, and where challenge and mistakes are embraced as learning opportunities. Students return for the 2022-23 school year on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Me siento honrada y muy afortunada de haber tenido la oportunidad de ser parte de esta increble comunidad. 5100 W Sahara Ave. If you have any questions, please reach out to your childs teacher or to me at cynthia.orr@cvesd.org. The documents need to be pdfs. 02/25/2022, Under bright blue skies spotlighting the ongoing work of an active construction crew Chula Vista Elementary School District Superintendent Dr. Eduardo, 1201 Santa Cora Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91913 | Phone, Opt-In to Receive Text Alerts from the School and/or District, Technology Initiative: Ensure Every Student in Grades 3-6 Has Own Tech Device, about CVESD Celebrates Opening of New School, about CVESD to Offer Full-Day Transitional Kindergarten, about Chula Vista Elementary School District Welcomes New Leadership Ahead of 2022-23 School Year, about CVESD Recognizes 2022 Odyssey of the Mind Champions. Todos ustedes se han convertido en parte de mi familia extendida y siempre tendrn un lugar muy especial en mi corazn. I do not have enough words to describe the honor it has been to serve as principal at McMillin Elementary School during these past years. CVESD will offer full-day transitional kindergarten (TK) for the 2022-23 school year. Due to privacy laws, information regarding these individuals identity cannot be released. Learning Progressions will: (1) Communicate expectation to students and to teachers. Our 6th-grade promotion is on Thursday, June 2nd from 9:00 -10:00 am. CVESD Superintendent Dr. Eduardo Reyes recognized 13 outstanding employees for their leadership and dedication. McMillin has a is a culture of thinking, one that empowers students to want to learn more and to take ownership of their learning. We will be opening up our blacktop for 6th-grade parents. These are similar to what students have taken this year at both the beginning and mid-year. Our front office will close for the summer break on June 15. The link to the survey will be provided to you via our district communication platform the week of May 31, be sure to check your junk and spam folders for the email. 06/16/2022, Discovery Charter Middle Schools eighth-grade student team for winning first place in the United States and second in the entire globe for the 2022 O. Chula Vista Elementary Coastal Education Program Continues to Thrive Thanks to the Port of San Diego!

At McMillin Elementary School, our students are engaged and active thinkers able to communicate, innovate, collaborate, and problem-solve.

If you have any questions, please call the office at 619-397-0103. Everyone I talked to said that it was so nice to see everyone together again!! We have accomplished so much together, and I know you will continue to support one another and pursue the very best for our students. We are so excited to have a family event after such a long time. FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY: To further assist you, information regarding COVID-19-related benefits such as Workers Compensation, COVID19-related leave, and sick leave can be found at the Chula Vista Elementary School District website www.cvesd.org or by contacting the Human Resources Department at 619-425-9600, Ext. The Chula Vista Elementary School District is excited to welcome all our staff and students back on July 20, 2022. Bear Exploration Center for Mathematics, Science And Technology School, Floyd Middle School for Mathematics, Science and Technology, Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School, MacMillan International Academy for Humanities, Communications and Technology, Martin Luther King Jr., Elementary School, Montgomery Preparatory Academy for Career Technologies, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). La Escuela Primaria McMillin es una maravillosa comunidad de aprendizaje. Please do not park in our parking lot or bus loop. PLEASE do not expect to go through campus before or after the promotion. Join McMillins SSC, PTA, &/or DAC/DELAC! We encourage families to have age-appropriate conversations with your children about what happened in Texas last Tuesday. (2) Locate current levels of work and identify next steps, (3) Feedback is given around this learning progressions to cause learning and to serve each learner. As a principal who deeply cares for our students, families, and staff, it has been difficult for me to find the words to voice my feelings. Residency verification for 2022-23 is online. Ustedes hicieron todo esto posible. cynthia.orr@cvesd.org. CVESD to Offer Full-Day Transitional Kindergarten, Posted on 702-799-CCSD. This process is called contact tracing. Close contact is defined as an individual: HHSA may also conduct its own contact tracing investigation, based on its own protocols. Spring Parent Workshop: Keep Learning Going: Math and Science, Save the Date for our McMillin Spring Carnival, This Last Week at McMillin May 31st June 3rd, https://www.sdcoe.net/about-sdcoe/news/post/~board/news/post/resources-to-discuss-school-shootings, CVESD School Incident Response 05-24-22 English, http://www.cvesd.org/parents/getting_involved/dac_delac, Last Two Weeks at McMillin May 23rd -June 3rd, Courtesy Notice of COVID-19 Positive case at McMillin Elementary School, This Week at McMillin May 9th May 12th, School Site Council Virtual Meeting (3:00-4:00 pm) Agenda, Within 6 feet of a COVID-19 patient for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24- hour period; or. We are currently seeking nominations for parent representation on the following board positions. All students returning to any school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District for the2022/23 school yearare required to prove residency with their school of attendance before the start of school in order for their childs name to be placed on a class list. I am honored and feel so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to be part of this amazing community. Acceptable residency documents are: Please call our office if you have any questions (619) 397-0103. https://www.cvesd.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=16983040. Es por esta razn que este anuncio de que me cambiar a un nuevo puesto en el Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista es agridulce. If you have not heard and do not hear from our local public health department, you/your child are not considered a close contact through their investigation and there is nothing more for you to do at this time. Any individual who is experiencing symptoms, should not report to work or school. Get every new post delivered right to your inbox. Saving more than 4 chairs is not going to be allowed. Most assessments will be given in the morning on the days listed. These individuals are currently in isolation. If you have a family member that will not be able to stand for the event, you can bring a chair for them just in case. I would like to share two resourceswith you to support these conversations. Dont forget to verify your residency to secure your childs enrollment at McMillin. Thank you McMillin Beagles for an amazing year! McMillin Elementary is a wonderful learning community. Copyright 2002-2022 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. We hope all parents will participate. La transicin ser efectiva el June 17 y mi ltimo da oficial en el plantel de McMillin ser el June 17. Please provide proof of residency to secure your childs placement at McMillin. This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. The money goes to our PTA School Events. This was an amazing event. LAS VEGAS, NV 89128 Children and educators should be able to go to school free from violence. We will be collecting donations for our auction. Parents play a major role in the success of their children and by extension the success of our school. You can park there and walk through Cottonwood park to enter our back gate. Thank you, PTA. Map about Chula Vista Elementary Coastal Education Program Continues to Thrive Thanks to the Port of San Diego! Se llevar a cabo una bsqueda de un director. Please contact site owner for help. We will have seating 300 people. Posted on It will be first-come, first to get the chairs. and we will reach out if there are any discrepancies in the documents. We will establish a positive working relationship, generating activities, communication, and on-going support among staff, students, parents, and the community. You can use this area for legal statements, copyright information, a mission statement, etc. Our efforts in returning to school, and especially our work in creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive school community have allowed our students to grow into amazing individuals. Spam protection has stopped this request. Principal: Longmore, Nikki J We made approximately $4000!!! It has been a pleasure to work alongside our staff serving our amazing students and families. Las Vegas, NV 89146 USA We will maintain a concerned and caring environment, fostering self-responsibility and respect, and creating pride throughout our learning community. Each classroom has picked a theme. Below is the most current schedule which contains all grade levels and the assessments that they will be taking. 06/23/2022, Chula Vista, CA The Chula Vista Elementary School District (CVESD) is proud to welcome new leadership in advance of the 2022-23 school year at multi, CVESD Recognizes 2022 Odyssey of the Mind Champions, Posted on Our hearts are with Uvalde. 06/27/2022. If you would like to join our PTA board for the 2022-23 school year. | Website, Motto: Today We Make A Difference For TomorrowBuilding Academic and Social Success Now And For Our Future. 07/18/2022, The Chula Vista Elementary School District is proud to continue to grow as a District and welcome our 50th school with a ribbon-cutting event that too, Posted on A couple of things to think about before the event: Thursday, June 2nd 6th Grade Promotion (9:00 am-10:00 am). Group's collective thinking, as well as each individual's thinking, is valued, visible, and actively promoted as part of the regular day-to-day experiences. I am so proud of our work together. Our students will be participating in End-of-Year testing starting this week and continuing throughout the quarter. 6th Grade will be the only grade level testing this week. Juntos, hemos fortalecido la cultura de nuestra escuela, la participacin de los padres, las prcticas de instruccin, los resultados de los estudiantes y hemos colaborado en la mejor manera para apoyar a nuestra comunidad durante una pandemia. Your opinions count and we will thoughtfully and purposefully take your ideas to make our school a better place for children. Discuss with your children that we do not make jokes about harming others. We will have some parking on McMillins blacktop for family members that cannot walk the distance through the park, DAC/DLAC Meeting 12:00 2:00 pm IN PERSON at District, Spring Parent Workshop: 3 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement at Your School 6:00PM 7:00PM Virtual, CVESD Board Meeting 6:00 pm link on cvesd.org, Smarty Ants Testing All TK-2nd grade students, PTA will be celebrating our McMillin staff with a Taco Bar. If you would like to see the types of questions that might be asked, you can visit www.caaspp.org and view the practice tests per grade level. While I am emotional about making this move at this time, I am also confident that our school will continue to move forward during this period of transition. Permtanme concluir expresando mi sincero agradecimiento por el trabajo de nuestro personal y nuestra comunidad. We are all saddened by last weeks senseless tragedy in Texas. You should have received an email that will contain a unique Snap Code for each of your children enrolled at McMillin and a link to the website where you will be able to update information for your child and upload your residency for the 22/23 school year. Parking will be at the Calvery Church parking lot. to everyone who participated in our Silent Auction. Congratulations to all our 6th-grade Beagles and families as they venture onto middle school-we will miss you! It is that time of year when the Hanover Survey. 06/08/2022, During this past school year 4,895 students from 215.5 classes were able to attend a Coastal Education Program thanks in part to the $11,500 in transp, Support for school library designed to develop in students a love of learning, Posted on Si bien estoy emocionada por hacer este cambio en este momento, tambin confo en que nuestra escuela continuar avanzando durante este perodo de transicin. This year, it is our understanding the CAASPP will be about half of the length that it was previously. CAASPP was last administered in the 2018-2019 school year, as they have been canceled the last two years due to COVID closures. This is a courtesy notice: If you have not already been notified that you/your child is a close contact, at this time, you/your child are NOT considered a close contact with the individual(s) who tested positive for the virus. Standing in the back will be allowed as well. A starting point is that if you see something, say something. At McMillin Elementary, we must work together to keep our school community safe. Posted on We have a saying in education: a childs first teacherstheir first role modelsare their parents. ALL STUDENTS with the exception of incoming Kindergarteners who already registeredMUST provide documentation of residency. You will be able to take pictures from your seat or standing in the back. McMillin School believes each child develops as a whole person, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. Hemos logrado mucho juntos y s que continuarn apoyndose mutuamente y buscando lo mejor para nuestros estudiantes. Schools are closed in observance of Memorial Day. A search for a principal will be conducted. That is why this announcement that I am moving on to a new position in our Chula Vista Elementary School District is bittersweet. Secondary Student Athletics and Activities, Cdigo de Conducta Estudiantil K-12 (PDF), Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association (NIAA), Assembly Bill 195 - English Language Learner Division, Curriculum and Professional Development Division, Assessment, Accountability, Research & School Improvement, Family and Community Engagement Services (FACES), Reopening Our Schools Implementation Guide (PDF). Time to enjoy your well-deserved summer vacation! Local Measures consist of Smarty Ants (Grades TK-2), Level Set (Grades 2-6), and iReady Diagnostic (Grades TK-6). Our annual proof of residency for returning students will launch on Monday, May 23, 2022. Please bring in the donations for the classroom baskets this Monday if you have not already. Here is aSan Diego County Office of Educationresource for parents and educators to discuss school shootings:https://www.sdcoe.net/about-sdcoe/news/post/~board/news/post/resources-to-discuss-school-shootings, Another great resource isSandy Hook Promise:https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/, If you have not yet read Dr. Reyes statement, please do so now by clicking on the link here. We worked with the school administration to determine if there are any individuals considered to be a close contact the day(s) (s)he was on campus. Monday, May 30thMemorial Day No School, Wednesday, June 1st Kinder celebrations, Thursday, June 2nd 6th Grade Promotion (9:00 am-10:00 am)See link for more information, Friday, June 3rd Last Day of School Report Cards go home. Please email me at cynthia.orr@cvesd.org, Virtual meeting May 24th from 6:00-7:00 pm Link for more information, Monday, May 30th Memorial Day No School, Thursday, June 2nd 6th Grade Promotion (9:00 am-10:00 am) See link for more information, Friday, June 3rd Last Day of School Report Cards go home, RE: Courtesy Notice of COVID-19 Positive case at McMillin Elementary School. 7000 WALT LOTT DRIVE Nuestros esfuerzos para regresar a la escuela y especialmente nuestro trabajo en la creacin de una comunidad escolar acogedora, segura e inclusiva, han permitido que nuestros estudiantes se conviertan en individuos increbles. I encourage you to participate in the selection of a new principal by completing the input survey below. You will receive an email from CVESD which will allow you access to upload the necessary documents.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook