middle names that go with colette

, My grandma's middle name was Coletta, I wanted to use it so bad but my dh didn't like it enough. It is a very old name with some deep history.

Colette reappeared in the Top 1000 in 2012, at Number 659, after an almost 30-year absence, and has risen steadily since then. 0000001498 00000 n Famous bearers include 15th Saint Colette from century saint Colette and Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette, known asColette, a French author nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1948. Incredible choice! You can purchase this super soft blanket here! French: People of victoryGreek: People of victory. Learn more about, Your Guide to the First Trimester of Pregnancy, Your Guide to the Second Trimester of Pregnancy. First and middle baby name generator. Colette MarieColette Blair or ClaireColette RoseColette Renee. It can also have a bearing on a child, what their name means. Find a name thats like Colette, but just a little bit different. These names project energy and excitement, wearing well on any little girl ready to take life by the horns. We fell in love with the nickname Letty and wanted her full name to be Colette! Create an account or log in to participate. Colette is the shortened version of Nicolette, which is the feminine form of the Greek name Nicholas meaning people of victory. Thanks for visiting. According to the Social Security Administration index, Colette was ranked as the 529th most popular girl name in 2020. 0000002549 00000 n As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. For example, choose the middle names you want for Colette from the list below and jot them down on a piece of paper. :: 5 years ago |, My name is Colette but my family and family friends call me Coco, posted by Beautiful to the eye and to the ear, elegant girl names are always in demand. With Colette, I would use a middle that is a common firs, Ooh! Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. Browse our list of these gems here. Gilenia is derivative of Gillian. 0000000696 00000 n I just found out Im pregnant with baby #2, and of course Im already planning baby names.Our daughters name is Ruby Cecilia.Open to similar names and middle name suggestions.Boy names:Alden Reid (my favorite)Vance AlexanderSorenLucienClementVincentGirl Colette Noelle, what are your thoughts on it? It seems that Nicolette, which Colette is a shortened version of, was gaining traction and in 1988 it essentially replaced Colette on the chart. All fields are required *. Current Popularity: #529. Thats why Ive been putting together these middle name matcher guides, so you can quickly find the perfect middle name for your daughter! Examine the initials of the remaining names and identify the ones that work particularly well together.

Also, many nicknames happen organically and have nothing to do with the child's name. 0000012190 00000 n Collette, Nicolette, Cosette, Sharlette, Scarlette, Juliette.

posted by It was interesting reading about my name, that is the correct spelling, I added the extra L, YEARS ago when in high school. . My favoritemiddle names for Genevieveare Genevieve Amelie and Genevieve Maribelle. The most appropriate middle name for Colette is the one that blends nicely with her first and last names. My problem was, it was/is not a common name and most times students could not remember my name. Check out this list of 99 strong and powerful names for boys, with meanings to match. (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), Remove any names that are strange, bizarre, or difficult to pronounce. As a female given name, Colette first appeared in America in 1892, but it wasnt until the mid 19th that the name gained usage. There is also a well known American judge Genevieve Blatt. 225 0 obj <> endobj xref 225 20 0000000016 00000 n

The name Colette is a diminutive of Nicole, feminine of Nicolas from the Ancient Greek nameNikolaosnike, meaning victory andlaos, people. It is also the American variant spelling of the French surname Collet. I love how feminine the name is and her middle name is Rose. M, Love Colette! Weve kept these spelt in their original authentic way, but you can always update the spelling if you prefer.

People believe that the name of their children can have an impact on their future success in life. Saint names for girls are truly divine for more than just their association.

There are so many factors to consider to ensure you give your baby a name that shell be proud of. Colette is a beautiful name that has been gaining in popularity for the last few years. We hope this website has brought extra humor and fun to the process of coming up with baby names and that you have not taken the Genie too seriously. If you have a long or short surname, you might want to choose middle names with just 1, 2 or 3 syllables, weve got the best of each to help you choose the best middle name for your child. My dad always bought me roses for my birthday and they were my wedding flower too. 6 Must-Know Tips for Toddler Sleep Regression.

It made me sad because one of my rules is that no other family members can have it and no one had used it (and I have a big family), Love Colette!

With Colette, I would use a middle that is a common first name. Colette is a fashionable and attractive name that is being rediscovered, much like the French author with whom the name is most closely connected. 0000007070 00000 n

Colette Leona, Colette Louise, Colette Liliana, etc. 0000008698 00000 n Keep saying the list of baby names along with the first and middle names out loud until you find the one you love the most. "C" Girl Names, Cool, Cool Girl Names, Elegant, Elegant Girl Names, French, Girl Names, Saints. As a result, people often choose names based on their meanings, believing that the meaning of the childs name may reflect the nature of the child or influence the child later on. For a middle name, I guess it depends on (1) whether you want to keep it French and (2) how classic you want to go. If you did not find any middle name you liked on the list above, dont worry! 0000004595 00000 n You can check discussion forums like BabyNames, Nameberry, or Babycenter, where youll find tons of old threads full of ideas. Meaning of Gilenia is Shield, A Feminine Form of Julian and Young at Heart is particulary used in English is originated from Latin and Greek. Sign up for the MomsWhoThink.com weekly newsletter, and youll get access to family-friendly recipes, fun and simple crafts, expert parenting advice, freebies, giveaways and so much more. }); Here is the best list of middle names that goes with Colette. Current Popularity: #529.

However, landing a good middle name might be even harder. :-), Colette Adeline, Colette Avery, Colette Elise, Colette Morgan.

But I always stand by my opinions and recommendations. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. There are many different options when it comes to picking a middle name for Colette, and weve compiled some of the best ones here. We also have European names as well as nicknames and sibling names that will work perfectly together. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. Finally, its never too soon to start touring daycares and getting on waiting lists. Most of these ideas come from real parents of real Genevieves, with a few ideas of my own thrown in the mix! Discover a new favorite among our list of saint names for girls. :: 5 years ago |. I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements!

Login Register. A middle name usually sounds good when it starts with a sound from the middle of the first name. If you like how Colette sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Colette.

Contact | Find Us on Facebook | Privacy Policy. Disclosure: I may receive referral fees from purchases made through links on Dad Fixes Everything. Please!

It is rare to meet another Colette, but its fun when we do because its always unexpected. Mix it up with these names that are a variation of the name Colette. These beauties are stunning in sound and association. Personalize this towel with your babys monogram here!

Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy.

Colette Grace. Explore them with us.

Origin of Outlandish Merete is in Old Greek is used particulary in Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Merete is "The Pearl". You are posting a comment as a guest.

Make certain that it does not sound absurd or harsh. Colette is beautiful, timeless, and not over used.

For example, Colette Ann. This action cannot be undone. Colette is a girl's name. as her first name but can't agree on anything for her middle name.

Heres our list: If you have already decided on Colette as the middle name you might be looking for the perfect first name as Colette makes a great middle name. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. 0000002829 00000 n Are you sure you want to delete your comment? Parents can get inspiration for baby names from anywhere, whether its friends, family or even someone famous, it it inspires you and sounds right for you, then it is the perfect baby name for you.

Laurel Guest Please keep your comments positive and helpful. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Looking for a unique name for your baby girl? You might also want to take a peek at some other popular girl names like Anastasia, Delilah, or Sophie. Want to give your son a powerful name? The 15 Best Nursery Gliders for 2022! Some great suggestions and many that we have gone through, as well maybe confirming a choice. Vivienne is the name I have my heart set on. We have our top 10 here! Celebrity names for girls have natural star power and charisma. The Best 20 Stay at Home Mom Jobs in 2022!

This site has all the answers I wish were easier to find when I needed them! Thanks! the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information. 0000005391 00000 n 0000007898 00000 n A natural leader. In 2016, 675 newborns were given the name Colette, which was the highest documented use of the name.

If you already have a baby Colette, and shes going to be an older sister, then weve come up with some gorgeous sister names! enable_page_level_ads: true A couple options she and her husband threw out were Marie and Noelle, but I don't think they were completely sold on those, so any ideas to pass along to her would be appreciated! The name Colette is a girls name meaning victorious and is of French origin. 10 Amazing LGBTQ+ Childrens Books to Celebrate Pride Month. Raising kids is tough, and Ive had a lot of questions along the way. As long as the name you choose flows well together and just calls out to you as the perfect baby name, then it is! ga('create', 'UA-54567501-1', 'auto');

})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. trailer <<0A8CBAB392C24E0285858A5F04DB39A6>]/Prev 513615>> startxref 0 %%EOF 244 0 obj <>stream

Colette is the 1,592nd most prevalent name in the history of the world. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. Infographic of Colette name meaning, which is people of victory, Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. Whether you want something classic or unique, we have the list of the perfect middle names for your baby girl Colette! Ive compiled these from baby name databases, parent discussion forums, and other sources then whittled them down to the ones I personally think sound the best.

You are not logged in.

Even if you don't like the names. C o l e t t e Strong girl names have an unspoken power that resonates beyond letters on a page. Kinda depends on last name for the best flow.

. Choosing the perfect first name for your baby can be quite challenging. Saint Colette is the patron saint of those longing to conceive. From 1928 to 1986 it was in the top 1000 names, falling out in 1987; it did not return to the top 1000 until 2012. We respect everyones right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expects Terms of Use. .

Copyright 2005 - 2022 Zimris, LLC. Guest poster 4 My friend is due at the end of October, and she is looking for a middle name to go with the first name Colette. If you already have a child named Colette, you might be looking for some great sister or brother names that go with it.

:: 5 years ago |, Nicknames: Cole, Lettie.

It is the shortened version of the masculine Nicholas. Weve never met another child named Colette, only adults. Check out these rustic country names that are sure to stand out. The only things we dont like about the name is that sometimes people misspell it with an extra L and sometimes it is mispronounced Col-ette instead of Co-lette.

How popular is the name Colette? According toBabyNames, Genevieve is a name of French origin, meaning Woman of The Family. Hope this helps :), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, A community for those interested in names. Say the names out loud with Colette at the start. Teri From the meaning of people of victory, Colette symbolizes strength, power, and fortitude. Come back soon and don't forget to pass on the baby naming fun! Often people can make the middle name a nickname later on or even you can put the initials together to form a new name, for example, Colette Girl could become CG! If you are expecting a baby boy, and already have an Colette then check out our boy names that will match your baby girl!

Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. , a French author nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1948. We chose Coco as her nickname. 0000009483 00000 n Colette is of French origin, and its meaning is victorious people.. Research has also indicated that having middle names improves peoples chances of getting a better job in the future! If my husband agrees, we will call her Vivi Her older brother is Benjamin Peter, aka Ben aka Beepy (from BP )What flows best?? 0000003755 00000 n :: 2 years ago |. Great minds! Copyright 2020. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). We chose Colette because we wanted a French name to honor her grandmothers heritage, but we didnt want a typical French name.

Renee, morgan, Suzanne, Lila, may, Rea, lee, Thanks for all the positive responses about her name. Naming our first little girl was super easy, but this time around we are having the hardest time! The only thing that came to me was Olivia. Also what nicknames (other than coco) would work for Colette? Anyone have any good suggestions for a middle name for Colette? Middle names: Colette Vivian, Colette Madeline, Colette Grace, and Colette Elizabeth, posted by Are you sure you want to delete your discussion? 100 Cute First & Middle Name Combinations For Girls, The Chicest French Names for Girls and Boys Oh La La, Popular Names for Girls, That Arent Too Popular, 25 Effortlessly Cool Names for Baby Girls, 50 French Baby Names Inspired by Emily In Paris, 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names Youve Ever Heard. Endey is a derivation of Endia. Too repetitive with the French endings? Keep reading to find out more about this baby name. 0000001232 00000 n Mamas with kids named Colette also have kids with these names. I like trying to use something from family or at least same initialnot knowing your family, I think Grace is a great middle name that goes with a lot, yours included! Lettie or Letta work, but why do you need a nickname. hTK(Q>2&JYx"f!4bDRr9~{]EWxp 7.Cx f2 ldSy[`S*.0'r`0`#&Y(~2;%:)`9QdlXgM?

google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3196283050718174", Our daughter was conceived after 3 years of trying. :: 5 years ago |.

Your posts are welcome so long as they stay on topic and remain civil, Press J to jump to the feed. According to a study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, people who have middle names are believed to have a high social position and to be intellectually superior. 0000001166 00000 n

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ My son is named Jayden and half the time I call him Bubby. Weve compiled some classic names that go together really well with Colette. The name Colette evokes a feeling of peace, freedom, and discipline. This action cannot be undone. I think they sound glamorous and elegant, and they flow nicely with the name Genevieve. So whatever type of name you are searching for, take a look through our list and find the perfect one for your little girl! (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ 0000037457 00000 n

2022Everyday Health, Inc, The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Virgena's meaning is Chaste, Maid or Virginal is rooted from Latin which is especially used in English . With their upscale air, elegant girl names are naturally polished and never go out of style. Some famous Genevieves are actresses Genevieve Rose Angelson, Genevieve Bujold, and Genevieve Nicole Padalecki.

The good news is that your childs middle name is a great opportunity for you to express your personal style and be more daring, since you will not use this name on a daily basis. Whatever the reason, middle names are a great way to add personality and interest to your childs name! Penelope and Isabella are on my list! Rich girl names carry an air of sophistication and style. Whether you are looking for a classic or modern name to go with your daughters moniker, we have something for everyone.

That's funny, Genevieve is on my list too!

This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. Without any further ado, here are the best middle names for a girl named Genevieve. If you like Colette, youll love these other names like Colette. ga('send', 'pageview'); Your email address will not be published. Heres everything we know. :: 5 years ago |, ^Nicknames Letty or Etta or maybe Collie. Check out these wealthy monikers and see what all the fuss is about. Colette was a fairly popular name in the mid-1900s and then it suddenly dropped out of the top 1000. Delete any further names that dont sound suitable. Open to suggestions. Pretty Lifestyle WordPress Theme by: PDCD. Hello all! ?Ke A Group Leader is a What to Expect community member who has been selected by our staff to help maintain a positive, supportive tone within a group. HKO0]KZEKFbfBI@,J}'A!%$&\ UOx)Aa [Traditional to Unique], Toddler Wont Stay in Bed? Famous bearers include 15th Saint Colette from century saint Colette and Sidonie-Gabrielle. We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Or start a new thread and get some fresh input! Her last name sounds like "Lenny." %PDF-1.3 % Colette is short enough. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. As a female given name, Colette first appeared in America in 1892, but it wasnt until the mid 19th that the name gained usage. 10 Best Strollers In [2022] For Every Moms Needs! So make sure you check out: My name is Evan, and Im dad to a beautiful and fiery 3-year-old girl.

The list spans from popular middle names to unique and daring trendy second names, from cute and single syllable middle names to long vintage names. Endey means A Magical Woman is of English-American origin. 0000001857 00000 n 8D m9%}v3;4. (Review), Complete Guide to Taking Kids, Babies & Toddlers to a Football Game, Complete Guide to Taking Kids, Babies & Toddlers to the Grocery Store, Complete Guide to Taking Kids, Babies & Toddlers to the Aquarium. m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) Coming up with the perfect baby middle name can be as simple as choosing a family name, choosing a baby girls name you adore or just going for unisex names which they might prefer later in life. GL, posted by 0000006217 00000 n For all baby name poll questions, complaints, or improvementscontact us. April 8, 2021 / June 29, 2021 by MomsWhoThink Staff. 0000047011 00000 n Our three year old is Evelyn Harper. ]+V`m,ZW-SAWNJ? HNRdoVcUCH%#z / j_'>tb)z` = endstream endobj 226 0 obj <> endobj 227 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/Type/Page>> endobj 228 0 obj <> endobj 229 0 obj <> endobj 230 0 obj [/ICCBased 240 0 R] endobj 231 0 obj <> endobj 232 0 obj <>stream Colette is often given the following nicknames: If you like these names, check out our post on names that go with Celesta. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. Therefore, today St. Genevieve is the patroness of Paris. Find inspiration in these baby girl name lists featuring the name Colette. There are so many beautiful options, and you should pick the ones that work best for you.

Step 2 should be repeated, but this time include the last name and listen to how it sounds. posted by Great middle names for your baby girl might come from any source, whether you want to have unique middle names, traditional middle names or opt for some popular middle names, it doesnt matter. Between 1880 and 2019, the Social Security Administration recognized 23,576 babies born in the United States with the first name Colette. By the time you are finished with steps 1-4, you will have cut down the selection to a manageable amount of options that will assist you in deciding on the ideal middle name for Colette. This is the perfect unique middle name for your girl! Weve pulled together the best girls names that go well with the name Colette. :). T Being a teacher makes it difficult when choosing names! Middle names can often be overlooked and forgotten, but they are a great way to add personality and interest to your childs name. 57&2jQl^}Uz!

What are some good middle names that go with Colette? In the 5th century, there was a Christian nun named Genevieve who lived in Paris and helped protect the city against Attila the Hun and his army. posted by Notably used in English language well-liked, Lainey means "Sun Ray or From the Lane" came from Old Greek, Hawaiian and Old English. Consider looking for ones that can be given nicknames when they are grouped together. ).

Colette Adele Colette Brianne Colette Cheyenne Colette Delrhys Colette Elise Colette Francine Colette Geneva Colette Havilah Colette Irene Colette Joelle Colette Kristine Colette Lorraine Colette Mireille (ma-RAY) Colette Nicole Colette Orlaith Colette Priscilla Colette Quincy Colette Renee Colette Siobhan (sha-VON) Colette Thea Colette Uriah Colette Victoria Colette Wrenna Colette Ximena Colette Yvonne Colette Zora, Pretty name!

My grandmother is french, but that boils down to baby only being a small fraction. How to Choose the Perfect Name to go With Colette, 10 Classic Girl Names That Go Well With Colette, 10 Unusual Girl Names That Go With Colette, European Names That Match the Name Colette, 7 Spanish Names That Go Well with Colette, 7 Names for Colette Starting with A Vowel, Extended Breastfeeding: The Truth About Nursing Your Child Beyond a Year, Baby Led Weaning and Choking Risk (Complete Guide), Irregular Periods While Breastfeeding: What You Need to Know, Colette Alliot-Lugaz (born 1947), French soprano, Colette Appel (born 1986), American pair skater, Colette Audry (1906-1990), French novelist, screenwriter and critic, Colette Brand (born 1967), Swiss freestyle skier and Olympic medalist, Colette Brosset (1922-2007), French actress, writer and choreographer, Colette Deral (1927-1988), French actress and singer, Colette Marino (born 1975), American house music DJ and vocalist, Colette Rossant (born 1932), French-American cookbook author, journalist, translator and restaurateur, Colette Snami Agossou Houeto (born 1939), Beninese educator and a feminist poet, Colette Trudeau (born 1985), Canadian singer and songwriter. We are sold on Colette (Lettie for a N.N.)

The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. From Nashville to Kentucky, here are country boy names that will make you swoon. 0000002586 00000 n A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. Middle names are often given to children in order to show their connection to another family member, such as a grandparent. Is KidsPark School & Daycare Worth It? If you love European names or even have European ancestry weve compiled the best Irish, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Polish names to go with Colette. Dont panic, most people have a hard time finding a name they love, its rare it comes to the first thing and often can take months of poring over name lists and finding that perfect middle to suit the first name and last name. In this case, I recommend a middle name that starts with "L". My friend named her daughter Colette Taylor and sometimes she goes by Letty. They can also be used to honor a loved one who has passed away. Our Best Tips for When Your Baby Wakes Up Too Early, Pretty Lifestyle WordPress Theme by: PDCD, Clementine (My #1 Pick for Unique Middle Names for Girls), Moana (Hello Disney Fans!

Jaslene is of English-American origin and is used particulary in English, Jaslene means "Jasmin or Lene". Group Leaders arent expected to spend any additional time in the community, and are not held to a set schedule. All Things Baby Names Contact | Privacy Policy | Term of use, The name Colette is a girls name meaning, The name Colette is a diminutive of Nicole, feminine of Nicolas from the Ancient Greek name, , people. It is also the American variant spelling of the French surname Collet. Please help!

document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The worlds first natural pregnancyweek-by-week.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook