not authorized to access group: group authorization failed

Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Maybe an explicit akhq configuration that will allow to use partial result will do the trick ? So its simple setup issue, make sure all the configuration and setup line up correctly. applications are run against a secured Kafka cluster, the principal Which ACLs are required for the KafkaUser used by AKHQ to access Kafka cluster ? My name is Aykut. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: Not really sure to understand. Our Kafka Infra team given necessary permission to "group.id", using this same "group id" i can consume the message using other Kafka Consumer applications and I was using name as per my wish in "application.id". After successfully authenticating to the portal, the following error is immediately displayed:You are not authorized to access this application. Keep your systems secure with Red Hat's specialized responses to security vulnerabilities. KAFKA_ALLOW_EVERYONE_IF_NO_ACL_FOUND, to fix it you should change to SASL_PLAINTEXT to allow SASL authentication without TLS encryption, PLAINTEXT://:9092 -> SASL_PLAINTEXT://:9092, .net The equal command should look like this: In order to see the ACL that is defined for allowing all operations of my-topic for the user my-user, let's describe it, in this case as YAML format: As you can see the user has the authorization defined as simple and ACL that allows all (read, write, describe) access for my-topic from this user. KAFKA_ADVERTISED_LISTENERS=PLAINTEXT://:9092,SASL_SSL://:9093, Here is a part of my config: With the following command, we give the my-group group the read right for consuming the messages. The (LogOut/ she sarah bannedsextapes internet neighbors armed began survey pencil pad paper wanted would pay speed what minimum ACLs are required for DESCRIBE on the clusters / topics / groups. Please note that excessive use of this feature could cause delays in getting specific content you are interested in translated. android

sql By, Dec 01, 2020 / ALLOW | DESCRIBE | CLUSTER | kafka-cluster | LITERAL

You can now choose to sort by Trending, which boosts votes that have happened recently, helping to surface more up-to-date answers. Announcing the Stacks Editor Beta release! reactjs Then the following commands would create the necessary ACLs in the By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. How did this note help previous owner of this old film camera? I created System Craftsman for both disseminating the term "System Craftsmanship" and sharing knowledge about technologies like OpenShift / Kubernetes, Microservices, CI/CD, Middleware (Camel, Kafka, Strimzi). The application's topology write to output How would I modify a coffee plant to grow outside the tropics? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. [2017-06-08 23:06:15,290] WARN Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 1 : {topic1=UNKNOWN_TOPIC_OR_PARTITION} (org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient) Code Utility, Azure Storage Account cannot create new or delete directory Code Utility, java new data source and connection pool are not displayed in the JDBC resources and Connection pool Code Utility, python How to create a for loop for OneHotEncoder Code Utility, asp.net core Ocelot Add Token to Downstream Url Code Utility. css

The consumer group pages shows only the groups that the service account has access to. Because the consumer group that is randomly generated for us (because we did not define it anywhere) doesn't have at least read permission on my-topic topic. Yes, we restrict accounts to be able to identify the source of a consumer group ACL had location as Austin, while cert had location as Atlanta. javascript Yikes! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. string

It did not work like the producer. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. I want to use kafka over both ports. Exception in thread "Ruby-0-Thread-20: /Users/sn2/Desktop/logstash-5.6.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-kafka-5.1.11/lib/logstash/inputs/kafka.rb:229" org.apache.kafka.common.errors.GroupAuthorizationException: Not authorized to access group: logstash. ALLOW | DESCRIBE | CLUSTER | kafka-cluster | LITERAL. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. This behavior is by design. Access the repo of this post from here: https://github.com/systemcraftsman/strimzi-kafka-cli/tree/master/examples/3_simple_acl_authorization. I'm getting this error: FindCoordinator request for groupId CoordinatorKey(idValue='anotherConsumerGroup', type=GROUP) failed due to authorization failure, anotherConsumerGroup is typically a ConsumerGroup for which the AKHQ KafkaUser doesn't have Read&Describe authorization. I am getting the below error while trying to connect to Kafka from Logstash . But why? Does Intel Inboard 386/PC work on XT clone systems? Engage with our Red Hat Product Security team, access security updates, and ensure your environments are not exposed to any known security vulnerabilities.

By, Dec 21, 2020 / react-native On both versions of AKHQ 0.17 and 0.19 we were not able to list the consumer groups in the overview with the following rights: ALLOW | DESCRIBE_CONFIGS | CLUSTER | kafka-cluster | LITERAL Considering you have the cluster my-cluster on namespace kafka, let's list our topics to see the topic we created before: Lastly let's list our user that we created previously, which we will be setting the authorization for. (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';fnames[3]='ADDRESS';ftypes[3]='address';fnames[4]='PHONE';ftypes[4]='phone';fnames[5]='BIRTHDAY';ftypes[5]='birthday';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Aykut Bulgu, a Services Content Architect at Red Hat, works with open source projects including Apache Kafka, Camel, and Strimzi to create Red Hat training courses. Verify that the policy selected will allow the intended clients access to the portal. flutter and input-topic2. Why does it only work with the secured port? (LogOut/ I am able to connect from Python Code to that Kafka Instance , But not with Logstash . By, https://github.com/systemcraftsman/strimzi-kafka-cli/tree/master/examples/3_simple_acl_authorization, A Strimzi Kafka Quickstart for Quarkus with Strimzi CLI, Configuring Kafka Topics, Users and Brokers on Strimzi using Strimzi Kafka CLI, Messaging Architectures for Cloud-Native Applications. For more information please refer -> https://docs.confluent.io/current/streams/developer-guide/security.html. System Craftsmanship: Software Craftsmanship in the Cloud Native Era, Strimzi Kafka CLI: Managing Strimzi in a Kafka Native Way, TLS Authentication on Strimzi by using Strimzi Kafka CLI, Simple ACL Authorization on Strimzi using Strimzi Kafka CLI, Bootstrap Kafka on Kubernetes (Strimzi) with Just 5 Commands, Change Data Capture with CockroachDB and Strimzi, Strimzi Kafka CLI Version Update (Strimzi 0.26.1 0.28.0), Creating a Kafka Connect Cluster on Strimzi by using Strimzi CLI. firebase For assistance, please contact your system administrator. application's coded topology reads from input topics input-topic1 django

I am having similar issues on my end.

Hi. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy.

The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.

typescript Copyright 2021 System Craftsman. Let's consume those messages then: Whoops! By, Mar 30, 2021 / RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. I am a Services Content Architect at Red Hat and co-organizer of Software Craftsmanship Turkey community. privacy statement. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE (THE MATERIALS) FOR ANY PURPOSE. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Ask timed out on [ActorSelection[Anchor(akka://kafka-manager-system/), Path(/user/kafka-manager)]] after [5000ms], Scala Function vs Procedural quick sort performancecomparison. sql-server spring-boot angular Also please copy the truststore.jks and the user.p12 files or recreate them as explained in the previous example and put it along the example folder which we ignore in git. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Logstash group authorization error in Kafka Input. docker By, Jun 24, 2021 / These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. How can we see the log stack of the error in AKHQ ? In particular, when Streams node.js I'm developing a Kafka-Stream application, which will read the message from input Kafka topic and filter unwanted data and push to output Kafka topic. You did not enable authentication on port 9092, with combination of This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. I set DESCRIBE and DESCRIBE_CONFIGS for all topics, all consumer groups (with a prefix though in the ACLs, such as company.something, for the consumer groups). Console consume via port 9092 (not working), I also tested it with python and the confluent-kafka-python package(not working). I wonder if this has to do with this line of code: akhq/src/main/java/org/akhq/modules/AbstractKafkaWrapper.java, Maybe if we were using .valid() instead of .all() this will only retrieve consumer groups for which the AKHQ KafkaUser is authorized.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook