does lawless lawyer have a happy ending

However, it does say something about a show when it falls back on all the things that revenge legal thrillers have while still surprising us with the many twists and turns that the protagonists need to go through to achieve their end goal, and with villains so deliciously bad that they have become villains immortalized in my own little Kdrama hall of fame. Aside from the fun story line, it was interesting how strong all the female characters in this show were written, without it feeling too one the nose or pandering. Sadly, her character bears no weight to the point that the drama can go on with or without her. As for the latter, I really had to pause and think, and once things sunk in, it amazed me at how clever both Moon Sook and Sang Pil are at manipulating situations to their advantage. Not only was his performance good, but he truly fit the bill of a tongue in cheek former gangster turned lawyer with charm, bravado, and a water tight plan which allowed for enough wiggle room just in case things didnt go his way. Its a sad fact of life as that really does happen today. ? (no spoilers here! Ill work hard until the end. I have nothing but praises for both Lee Joon-gi and Choi Min-soo who displayed very intense and convincing acting skills during their confrontation scene just before the latters character Pres. I wanted to gift viewers a better output and feel regret every time that I fell short. While Moon Sook is cunning, Choi Min Soos Ahn Oh Joo was a delight to watch as he fought to stay in power every step of the way, and how he fought to take down the one person who held him a tight leash. (Also it took me ages to figure out where I knew him from, and although I have seen him in a lot of dramas, I didnt realise he was the bad guy in Fabricated City my mind is blown he is totally different in this, looks-wise and character-wise: versatile). This is one of the dramas little details that have a huge impact. I wished the drama made us see an almost insane version of her because I hate how calm and collected she was until the very last minute.

), TV Review: Wok of Love/Greasy Mello (Spoilers! (LogOut/ Of course there was the age old bit with a lot of noble idiocy but sometimes, a Korean drama just cant stay away at times from that old trope. Was it intentional that I couldnt even empathise at all with Munyeong? Aside from this, he was fearless, had a misplaced sense of bravado, and I was amazed that they allowed him to be THAT violent on television. As an actress who can easily handle serious roles, Seo Ye Ji slips into her daring attitude with confidence. The airtight narration consistently conforms to the shifting of the plot bends. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. However, it really grated on me in one scene around episode 14 where the hospital staff order a coffee using an app and the whole conversation is around ordering and receiving this coffee using the app. What did you think of it? View all posts by unicaahjumma. It also starred Hallyu star Lee Joon Gi. There are stunning animations of different varieties throughout, including a really cool stop-motion animation at the start of the drama, as well as other shorts, such as an extremely memorable silent movie clip. The reason I decided that I HAD to watch this as soon as possible is because it is Kim Soohyuns () first lead role in a drama since he returned to us from the military, and if you were a follower of my old (now no-longer existent) blog, you will know he is in my top 3 male Korean actors. Cha Moon Sook was such a deliciously evil villain that it became such a delight to see how deep her plans were laid, and how she tried to outsmart Sang Pil and Jae I every single time. Of course, there are some flaws here and there, but its overall goodness is more than enough to overshadow it. It is an experience that would not warrant a future craving to watch Bong Sang Pils tale again for the same reason that you would easily memorize what happened in the drama. One unambiguous conflict plus precise hero-villain showdown make Lawless Lawyer a thrilling crime drama that does not suffer from pointless plot insertion and indecisive characters. The general plotline surrounds two main characters (Moon Gangtae a caregiver in a mental health hospital, and Ko Munyeong a childrens author) who find it impossible to love due to difficult, and somewhat disturbing, experiences in their childhood as well as ongoing issues related to caring responsibilities, mental health and much more. ^_^. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Im so satisfied with Lawless Lawyer as a whole. The more I dislike Judge Cha, the more that feel otherwise for Lee Hye-young. Email us at kdramadiary.official@gmail.com for quick queries. And on July 1, Cha Moon Sooks trial remains.

While acting as Ha Jae Yi, who cant hold in her anger and says everything she wants to say, I got to relieve a lot of my stress and was sincerely happy on set., Lee Hye Young, who portrayed Cha Moon Sook, said, The trials of the century are the trial of Solomon, the trial of Jesus Christ, and the trial of Joan of Arc. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 2021 Kim Myung Soo Ontact Fanmeeting-Remember Us (02/20/21), aka I couldnt resist watching a web drama that had Pentagons Wooseok, AB6IXs Donghyun & Golden Childs Jaehyun. Image Source/s: tvN and tvN Drama Facebook Page. Thats why I was so relieved when she maneuvered and said she was only following orders. The attention to whirl within the borders of its courtroom premise is made more clear-cut owing to the well-utilized cast andfacile story thread of crime and its deserving punishment. I was hopeful at first because I thought she would be one of the reasons for The Sevens downfall. My favourite scenic shot from the drama, aside from the beautiful beach and sea that can be seen from the hospital (which is actually a cafe by the way), are the scenes shot at Wonju Sogeumsan ( ) Suspension Bridge. << K-Drama Reaction: Lawless Lawyer | Episode 7 The gripping journey of the heroes to serve unfortunate fates to the villains of the story steadily moves in equilibrium. (LogOut/ Pres. VIVIZ & Onewe). Let me know what you think in the comments below! It was obvious to me that Subway featured really heavily but I didnt mind it so much because they werent like LETS GO TO SUBWAY every second. It had nothing to do with the plot it was literally just them showing the viewers how to use this ordering app. Lawless Lawyer superbly reels viewers with its clear presentation of its orbit and complications. I wished people threw something at her like eggs maybe? Thats probably the main thing that blew me away from episode one. For the loyal Lee Joon Gi fans, it will be a precious small screen gift. Both Sang Pil and Jae I had story lines that were very familiar- they both had a parent whom they lost as kids, and because of that they decided to become strong and ended up as lawyers. Its sad that there are no significat developments on her character. If you like what we write here, you may send us small gifts for our writers ramyun and coffee supply. There were moments in which the production quality wasnt that great, like some sequences were a bit too fast and confusing, there were shaky cam moments I really didnt like, and there were moments that took me too much by surprise, but all of that didnt detract for how fun it was to watch Sang Pil, Jae I, and their law firm rooting out the evil that was in Kiseong once and for all. I was seriously blown away by their acting skill, particularly the young boy (Moon Woojin ) who plays a young Moon Gangtae (the younger version of Kim Soohyun). The product placement in this is no joke I expect there to be product placement in dramas but I dont like it when it is in my face obvious. Finally, something I really loved about this drama was that, interwoven into most episodes were the childrens tales, as previously mentioned. Ill count on you on that! Watching this reminded me of why he has earned that accolade. Lawless Lawyer has set a proper story goal when it kicked off. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Still, we publish almost all K-Drama reviews, so kindly bookmark our site to check on our series reviews. Thus, we decided to not push to share our weekly thoughts about the drama/s anymore. From there, it neatly unraveled the backstories needed to resolve the main conflict, with stellar icy verbal spats of the disputing characters. I just felt nothing towards her? Have you seen Lawless Lawyer? Despite this, it was quite an easy drama to watch and gave me a lot to think about regarding mental health and wellbeing. Yeah, Im looking at you, Yeon-hee. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The series follows Atty. Conversely, this is the first time I have seen Seo Yeji () in a leading lady role as I have to confess I havent watched Save Me or Lawless Lawyer, but I have seen her in supporting roles and it was nice to see her show her range a bit more, though she has been playing rather stiff characters in the roles I have seen her portray and this is no different here. However, despite that, they were still able to keep it fresh and interesting, with the main villain, Judge Cha Moon Sook (Lee Hye Young) becoming a mother figure to Jae I; and with Sang Pil being taken in by his uncle, the leader of a known gang. The lead couple is picture-perfect with their fired-up performances that fleetingly flirt with a few romantic notes, but ultimately highlighting their individual strengths. This was my first time to actually see Lee Joon Gi in anything, and I was pleasantly surprised. Because I was fully immersed in the character Ahn Oh Joo, I think good acting came out above my expectations. The entire series felt like a fun legal thriller/action movie in which you could just sit back, relax, have some popcorn and just enjoy the ride all the way until the end. The stories have since been published and are being sold in Korean bookstores, such as this one here, and the readings from the drama have also been captured on AudioClip. Although this series did have a lot of old tropes, it was interesting how the presentation or the execution of it was still refreshing; and it is amazing how this show could have seriously become campy in a bad way, but it never felt that way in the long run. Yesterday marked the final episode of tvNs latest weekend drama, filling the 9pm slot on Saturdays and Sundays, and fortunately for international fans, they were also uploaded to Netflix in (almost) real time too. There are sub-plots that are introduced really early on into the drama and these only begin to get resolved around episode 12, so I spent a good 10+ episodes wondering What happened to ******* ? The topic of mental health and the current stigma associated with it is something that is not always explored in Korean dramas so I find it refreshing that the whole drama was built around this premise and could provide food for thought for viewers who might otherwise not consider it. ), [VIDEO] My 2022 Youngjae Minicon SUGAR in Manila Ticketing Experience, [VIDEO] My 2022 Kpop Masterz in Manila Ticketing Experience, [VIDEO] Kpop Unboxing: Catch Up Haul #1 (feat. (LogOut/

But theres also no one to be blamed for his fate but him because he allowed himself be swallowed up whole by greed. I have seen Dongyeons career grow over the years since he started out acting as a teenager and he just goes from strength to strength. If theres one thing I would wish for, that would be more moments together for Sang-pil and Jae-yi especially in the finale. What more can I say aside from I love it? Now, you know the drill! To me, Oh Jungse did justice to a tricky role and was able to display the strength, knowledge and beauty of autism, as well as showing the hardships. Its harsh but its real. In the end, Lawless Lawyer was definitely a fun ride through and through, with great performances, interesting characters, great villains, and a city that is a character unto itself. You just made the best decision of your life, Madam Nam. Ahn, but its undeniably one of the most memorable scenes of this drama. I wonder if any of you will react like I did, which was to watch his scenes and then immediately wish to petition his agency and broadcasting stations to give him a male lead role he is leading man material! Nevertheless, I dont want him dead as death is an easy escape. (LogOut/ Maybe because I pity him for the way he lived his entire life as Judge Chas dog. I hope Lawless Lawyer is a drama that is cherished as a good memory., Seo Ye Ji appeared as the girl crush lawyer Ha Jae Yi in the drama.

His ability to embody each character and show multiple sides of the role is something that draws me to him instantly. Bong Sang Pil (Lee Joon Gi), a gangster turned lawyer, who returns to his hometown, the Gotham-like city of Kiseong, where he teams up with a young and promising lawyer named Ha Jae I (Seo Ye Ji), in order to take down those in power in Kiseong, who had something to do with Sang Pils mothers death and Jae Is mothers mysterious disappearance.

Beyond this point, there will be spoilers! All in all, Lawless Lawyer felt like a great legal thriller/action movie, with memorable character and villains, in which you could just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride all the way until the end. Change). << K-Drama Reaction: Lawless Lawyer | Episode 2 I wished she was mercilessly shamed on the local and international media. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I thought she joined the group because she wanted to do an investigation into its members, but I was wrong. How could they just let a patient escape from hospital and then act like its fine? << K-Drama Reaction: Lawless Lawyer | Episode 9 I also hope you would have a great time tormenting Judge Cha in jail. The showdown to the shrewd villains propels constant anticipation on what movements and counter-attacks the opposing characters might have prepared for each other. Its very evident because she never failed to get into my nerves every single time during the entire series. [Again, I could have missed this completely]. I really HATE the trope of everyone finds love the reason I like Korean dramas is because theyre actually pretty harsh in terms of not giving a fairytale ending they like to keep things real and recognise that not everybody ends up with a happy ending.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook