best suburbs of cambridge ma

Newton, which was named The Newe Towne back in the 1600s, is one of Americas original commuter suburbs just 11 miles from downtown Boston. Lots and lots of trees. Interested in buying a home in your favorite Boston suburb? Fast-forward to the present day, and Brookline is home to storied victorian-style housing, the birthplace of JFK, and the Puppet Showcase Theater, New Englands only dedicated puppeteering theater. It is a lovely community and easy to befriend neighbors. It's a predominantly white Jewish town, but there are a multitude of different races that reside here as well. 34 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. Very family friendly and safe. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Lawrence Academy is a community rich with actives; arts and music, athletics, clubs, charitable events as well as leadership opportunities. 49 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. This town is very family-oriented. It is a lovely community and easy to. Niche User: Living in Southborough Massachusetts over the years has been extremely amazing. Read 87 reviews. You can chat with us online or visit the iStorage location nearest you. When I go the park there arent a ton of people and my kids usually dont have to wait to use equipment at the playground or hurry off because someone is waiting. PREVU SMART TIPDid you know you can save thousands when you buy in the Boston suburbs? This was our first year at Montrose and making the switch has definitely been worth the time and effort. There are many parades and local farmerThe school system rated #6 best school districts in Massachusetts by Niche. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love living in Sherborn Massachusetts, it was an awesome place to grow up! It's a small place where. Parent: We love Montrose School for our middle school girls for so many wonderful reasons. The public school schools offer a great education and have prepared me well for college. There is a wide variety of clubs students can join and connect with others who share similar interests. (Parents need a break from the kids sometimes, its true.) You can do swim lessons or sailing lessons and it is a great place to cool off! The deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum host 30 acres of sculptures on the scenic shores of Flints Pond. Featured Review: Current Resident says I've lived in Newton my whole life; and although I feel like I live in somewhat of a bubble, I'm very grateful and privileged to live here. Famous writers such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau all owned homes in Concord which is the location of now-famous Walden Pond. Everyone pretty much knows each other so the atmosphere is very friendly. He has found LA to be a warm and welcoming environment. 24 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Very small and caring community with great schools and incredibly low crime rate. ago for the same reason everyone else does - great schools. Featured Review: Parent says Commonwealth is wonderful! The birthplace of American liberty, Lexington is north of Belmont, about 11 miles north of Boston, and suburban buyers can find historic, spacious real estate a ways away from the congestion of the city. The schools are excellent and the crime late is remarkably low. They include, for example, Northborough, Brookline, Shrewsbury, Bedford, and Weston, among others.

Lawrence is a great balance of academics, activities and community. As I finish raising two kids here, its been an amazing town for quality of schools and teachers, for rec programs and sports leagues, and for my neighborhood filled with other kids and friendly parents. The towns roots date back to the founding of Boston, deriving its name from the creeks and brooks bordering the community to the north and south. Established in the 1700s, Wellesley real estate is highly valued and generally is some of the most expensive in Massachusetts. All rights reserved. Great shops and places to eat as well., Living in Cambridge has been a wonderful experience. smirnova

18 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Featured Review: Current Resident says Brookline's public transportation is excellent, and restaurants and businesses are everywhere in the historic districts, making shopping and dining an overall experience. By joining the soccer team his freshman year, my son made lots of great friends very quickly, both other freshman and upper class-men. The town is mix of urban and suburban feel. Here at iStorage, weve known this for a long time! Your email address will not be published. It is also a very safe environment for kids to grow up in. Featured Review: Current Resident says Has been a wonderful place to raise our kids. Current Resident: Westwood is a fantastic place to live, as neighborhoods are close-knit and friendly. Buying with Prevu youll receive a buyer's rebate of two-thirds of the commission paid to the buyers broker at closing. Read 35 reviews. No grocery store, hardware store, retail etc, have to drive to neighboring towns for everything. I always thought of myself as outgoing but anxious and easily made friends in the school system, the teachers were so welcoming and helpful in my transition. Wellesley does have a reputation. Current Resident: Sharon is a great town! Lexington has a lot to offer, from excellent public schools to exciting nightlife, plenty of jobs, and more. (Youre welcome!) It is a small town so it is not over run with large businesses and there are more "mom and pop" ran businesses. One thing is certain; no matter which you choose, life in Boston is better in the burbs! One of last Massachusetts towns safe from developers coming in with endless buildings and McMansions. Bostons convenient suburbs provide opportunities to buy real estate in a quaint setting, offering easy access to the city while providing new homeowners with access to historical hamlets and towns brimming with activities, restaurants, and plenty of space to explore. Generally business are not allowed (only a handful in town), which I love because there is never traffic and its generally residents driving through the town. Read 47 reviews. It is not for those interested in diversity, crime and nightlife. Read 15 reviews. 45 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Many Wellesley residents power their homes with wind turbine generated power, and the city has a tree bylaw requiring any cut-down trees to be replaced or have a donation made to the towns Tree Fund. We think youll agree, Brighton, MA, and many other Boston suburbs are genuinely exceptional. People here are friendly. 6,500. Of special note is the mandatory class for all middle-schoolers called "Habits of Mind", which teaches students how to form healthy learning habits, manage stress, importance of sleep, etc. It's quiet, small, and has a very homey feel to it. 51 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Read 45 reviews. A lot of park resources. The teachers are wonderful and nurturing; and the advisor program encourages involvement and good study habits. The community events are well-done- especially the Blue Tree Lighting and the Fourth of July Fireworks and Parade. Residents have money but arent showy or boastful. Thats because its the #1 Best City in America for Young Professionals, an honor the town carries proudly. People here are friendly. Featured Review: Former Resident says The Town of Lexington in Massachusetts is well known for being the revolutionary town and holds that heritage true since its founding point. I'm so thankful to have found this perfect place for my son to grow and develop throughout his high school years. It's perfectly for raising a family in. 75 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. The Downtown district has a variety of restaurants and a movie theater, all circled by historic parks, such as Belfry Hill, the home of the Old Belfry bell that beckoned residents to arms or church. Ft. Devens is nearby and active training includes munitions fire. I currently live in Winchester and I love it so much. Newton is also home to Heartbreak Hill, one of four hills that Boston Marathon runners must conquer to win, so any road racing-minded homeowners in Newton already have a home-field advantage when race day comes. As with most suburbs of Boston, however, the cost of living in Brookline is a bit high. It is a safe, friendly, charming, and quiet town but not too far from major highways and the greater Boston metro. Explore the best suburbs to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Besides schools, Wellesley offers low commuting times into Boston, lower housing costs, and a low crime rate. Downside for folks who like access to nightlife or cultural activities and events is that theres very little of those. Questions? The positive school environment, the support provided to the students and the excellent faculty who care deeply for. Former Resident: The Town of Lexington in Massachusetts is well known for being the revolutionary town and holds that heritage true since its founding point. The 10 Most Affordable Cities in Massachusetts, Your Guide to Closing Costs in Massachusetts in 2021, The 10 Best Places to Retire in Massachusetts in 2021, First-Time Homebuyer Programs in Massachusetts. 11 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Very limited town services. Living here has been a great experience so far, just a little strapping on the wallet. Read 137 reviews. As such, its no surprise that the city is home to the H.H. 35 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Below weve compiled a list of some of the best (and most expensive) Boston suburbs to help you navigate the suburban real estate market and plan your move to the suburbs. I feel safe and welcomed here. No noise. Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc) and also the lack of entertainment industries such as shopping mall, outlets, or stores, movie theatre, etc. Could have a few more restaurants and things to do. Read 50 reviews. The staff and administration are continually providing many different ways for students to become involved, promoting the diverse interests of all the students. 50 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Very low key and modest. Amazing public school system with great academics, 20+ ap courses, variety of sport teams starting from age 3, great music programs, amazing college matriculation. Traffic commuting into Boston can be a bear but if you dont have to deal with that, its an ideal semi-rural spot, close to Boston and Rt 9 shopping, but a nice small town community feel. Read 17 reviews. The #2 Best Place to Live in Norfolk County, Wellesley, MA, is also #113 for Best Public Schools in America! In Brookline, MA, crime rates are low, attracting a diverse range of people and cultures. 137 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Connecting to Route 2, MassAve, and close to I 93. The education is great, schools hire teachers that care about the students and push them everyday to do their best. Due to the low student - teacher ratio - teachers get to know the students very well and encourage excelling students to expand and go deeper or provide extra help for students who need it.

The general community thrives on helping one another, and residents have the chance to settle into a cozy lifestyle filled with amenities such as strolling through downtown center, enjoying the battlefield park, the reservoir, and many other beautiful sites. It is a safe, friendly, charming, and quiet town but not too far from major highways and the greater Boston metro. It is the perfect compliment to hectic executive work life. Featured Review: Current Resident says Westford is a great town to live in.

Of course, there are many other neighborhoods in the Boston metro area. Kids are getting a private. Current Resident: Westford is a great town to live in. Same with diversity of stores and restaurants, though this has improved a bit. Yes, but what small town doesn't? Like Brighton, the schools in Brookline are top-notch. Downtown Lexington has bustled throughout the centuries, growing in popularity as the farmsteads became condos and housing developments in the 1970s onward. I guess it just depends on how quiet you like the town you live in to be. Read 51 reviews. For the past decades Southborough has been a small quiet town and it look like it will stay like this for many more decades to come. Read 11 reviews. However, for some folks city life is only one chapter of their lives, and they eventually trade in downtown for the suburbs. Brighton also has plenty of restaurants and coffee shops for those days when you dont feel like cooking. Con's are very high taxes and little affordable and senior housing. iStorage has a list of the 7 best Boston suburbs below that weve gathered to make your search easier! LIVING in Brookline is a little bit more difficult though, as all parking is reserved for shoppers and visitors, so if you plan on being a resident here, plan on renting a separate home for your vehicle (Craigslist). Featured Review: Current Resident says Westwood is a fantastic place to live, as neighborhoods are close-knit and friendly. Several neighbors came over to introduce themselves and welcome us when we moved. Featured Review: Current Resident says Highly recommend Belmont if relocating to the Boston area! Water Filter Selection: Pitchers, Faucets, and More. From my experience, I would totally recommend moving to Andover, the community is an awesome thing to be apart of. Read 75 reviews. Cute little town center. NewHomeSource.com is a trademark of Builders Digital Experience, LLC and all other marks are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Despite being a college town, Belmont originally was a dry town, but that changed in the 1900s, and now homeowners can responsibly enjoy a libation in one of the towns many parks. My family moved to Hopkinton recently and we could not be more pleased with our decision. It is the perfect compliment to hectic executive work life. Everyone knows everyone even if you dont know their name. Pro's are Schools are excellent, always in the top 10 in the state for MCAS scores. Several neighbors came over to introduce themselves and welcome us when we moved. You can store almost anything with us, including household goods, sports equipment, collectibles, and even cars! Amazing public school system with great academics, 20+ ap courses, variety of sport teams starting from age 3, great music programs, amazing. Current Resident: Acton is a very welcoming and beautiful place to live. There are many parades and local farmer markets during spring and summer. #1 in Best Neighborhood to Raise a Family in Boston, reserve a Brighton, MA storage unit online, clean, safe, and secure storage units in Brighton, MA, Cambridge is an amazing city to live in with its high standards in regards to education., The ability to walk almost everywhere makes this city seem smaller and more family-oriented. Featured Review: Niche User says Living in Southborough Massachusetts over the years has been extremely amazing. I feel safe and welcomed here. Read 74 reviews. A one bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $3,000 on the high end, so be prepared! (Its also the location of our Brighton, MA, self storage facility.). Dating back to the 1600s, Winchester is another historical town Bostonites can retreat to and find solace in the areas many lakes, rivers, and reservoirs. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love Winchester. Until then, we wish you the best of luck finding a new Boston suburb to call home! 47 Niche users give it an average review of 4.8 stars. It's perfectly for raising a family in. Very small and caring community with great schools and incredibly low crime rate. ), Weather. Add in the lively nightlife and attractive parks, and its no wonder this top Boston suburb is so well-reviewed. It's a bit far from Boston, but if you don't mind the commute, this is a great place to live. Read 4 reviews. 122 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Only 15 miles outside of Boston, homebuyers can find solitude in the hills of Weston. Commonly known as The Town of Homes, Belmont was the breadbasket serving Boston in the 1800s.

It's a quaint town just 7 miles outside Boston, MA. 34 Niche users give it an average review of 4.8 stars. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. The theatrically inclined will rejoin to know that Weston is home to the second oldest community theater in America, the Weston Friendly Society, which performs each year at the Town Hall. Are there some strangers that aren't exactly pleasing?

There are many lakes throughout the town for standup paddleboarding, kayaking, fishing, canoeing, or winter ice skating. Connecting to Route 2, MassAve, and close to I 93. Many of the homes in Wellesley are Victorian-style, but buyers can also find many condo ownership opportunities. Arlington is also famous for music and art. As with the other six suburbs, weve seen today, Lexington is perfect for families and young professionals alike. The city with a small town feel comprises 13 separate villages, and the homes are Victorian in style, ranging from Cape Cod to Greek Revivals, and is home to two philharmonic orchestras. Bordering on Fenway and Mission Hill is the town of Brookline. Buying with Prevu youll receive a buyer's rebate of two-thirds of the commission paid to the buyers broker at closing.Learn more about commission rebates! The people are kind and treat you with respect. Cambridge is very a diverse place. The people are kind and treat you with respect. Due to very little new construction the school system and town resources are not overrun and overwhelmed. The nightlife here is exciting and inviting, which is likely why so many young families call it home. Homeowners in the region can find solace at Minots Lighthouse or travel north for a nostalgic trip to ride the Paragon Carousel in Nantasket to the north. Overall, though, Brookline deserves a good look before you decide which Boston suburb to call home. It is also a very safe environment for kids to grow up in. Homeowners with a penchant for history know the significance of Lexington as the locale where the first shot of the Revolutionary War rang out across human history. With vast tracts of spacious land, prospective homeowners would share a town with the Massachusetts Audubon Society, which is headquartered in Lincoln. Acton is a good place to call home. Read 72 reviews. Browse listings and see how much you can save with Prevus Smart Buyer commission rebate. Cambridge is very a diverse place. The #1 Best Place to Raise a Family in Massachusetts, Wyland is practically perfect for families. Featured Review: Current Resident says Reading some of the more recent reviews, its clear that a particular individual with egomaniacal tendencies decided to trash the town on their way out. Spy pond is awesome for kayaking or boating. ago for the same reason everyone else does - great schools. East Arlington/Arlington center/Arlington heights all have very convenient locations. Featured Review: Parent says We love Montrose School for our middle school girls for so many wonderful reasons. Read 34 reviews. The cute New England Town only has a few places, but that is all Sherborn needs to continue to prosper.

High property taxes though. Builders Digital Experience, LLC. High School is The Bromfield School. It is very safe, calm, and intellectual. If you want privacy, bucolic setting and a small. Current Resident: I love Winchester. However, the courses available for students are very limited; especially art electives and AP classes. Are you a young professional looking for a great place to call home and get your career off the ground? 66 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. It's a quaint town just 7 miles outside Boston, MA. Thats truly impressive; we think youll agree. This top Boston suburb offers excellent public schools, outdoor activities, and cultural diversity. Last but not least on todays list is Lexington, MA, another top Boston suburb. 17 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. The teachers in Westwood are excellent, and they. Parent: Commonwealth is wonderful! All the adults in the school. Parent: My son has had an incredibly positive experience at Lawrence Academy. The cute New England Town only has a few places, but that is. Former Resident: Dover is what it is, an affluent bedroom community within easy commute of Boston. It has a lot to offer in the schools from AP courses, sports clubs, robotics clubs, environmental clubs, DECA, HOSA, MockI would like to have winter and summer folk festivals to bring more flavors to the town!. The staff cares. Current Resident: Beautiful suburban town. It's the perfect commute to Boston on the commuter rail and schools are great. If finding a new neighborhood with excellent schools, amenities, and more is your goal today, read on! Also, the diversity of the student population is very weak. Read 50 reviews. As such, homeowners in Brookline can expect expansive properties and parks while remaining close to Bostons neighborhoods with easy commute times. For families with school-age children, thats a huge draw! He has found LA to be a warm and welcoming environment. Explore the best suburbs to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. The schools are excellent and the crime late is remarkably low.

All the adults in the school are extraordinarily attentive and approachable. With two train lines heading into Boston, there are plenty of options for commuters to reach the city. Featured Review: Current Resident says I moved to Andover in the summer of 2018 as a middle schooler and my transition was amazing. Overall a lovely place to live and for kids to grow up. Read 18 reviews. That way, they can search for a new Boston suburb knowing their stuff is safe and sound. There are ample gorgeous public areas for hiking and outdoor activities, coupled with socioeconomic diversity we did not find in other Boston suburbs we considered. 47 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. The small town makes for a tight-knit, inclusive community. 96 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Newton North High School, for example, is the #6 Best Public High School in Massachusetts. 50 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Lots of town spirit, Halloween held in town center for the children is a great tradition. Very good commute time compared to most suburbs, especially for Cambridge jobs. I, including many of my friends, have moved here from somewhere else. Read 49 reviews. It also gets a reputation for not being welcoming to newcomers which is not true. 74 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. However, growing up here you would here a lot of kids say that there's nothing to do in Sharon because of the lack of popular businesses (ex. Ethnic and cultural diversity has been growing and is increasingly reflected in the towns excellent schools. Pro's are Schools are excellent, always in the top 10 in the state for MCAS scores. Get chickens for ticks. Sports are not covered in property taxes and often run $300/child. It also means that, if you have children, high-quality education is assured in this top Boston suburb. High School is The Bromfield School. Featured Review: Current Resident says It's a town with city feel. Lawrence Academy is a community rich with actives; arts and music, athletics, clubs, charitable events as well as leadership opportunities. Excellent learning for young and old alike! At an easy 8 miles from downtown Boston, Winchesters community and pristine real estate command a high demand from homebuyers. One look at our grades (thank you, Niche) will convince you; Wayland, MA is a remarkable place to live. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. High debate is whether a new town playing field should be turf or not (artificial turf voted down of course). Thats because weve been helping new Boston arrivals to store their things in Boston for many years. East Arlington/Arlington center/Arlington heights all have very convenient locations. The schools are fantastic, there are plenty of jobs, and crime rates here are exceptionally low. The teachers are supportive yet challenging, student body is accepting and kind, and the all around feeling in town is so welcoming.

(Thats out of nearly 7000 school districts!) It's a small place where everyone know everyone and people know their families. Read 122 reviews. Featured Review: Current Resident says I moved to Wayland 20 years (!) The town is mix of urban and suburban feel. I live in an area of Winchester which is about half a mile from its not too far away from Winchester center and everything is in reasonable walking distance from my house. Featured Review: Current Resident says Sharon is a great town! Its also the #1 in Best Neighborhood to Raise a Family in Boston, which is really saying something! Acton has many residents who were born abroad and across America. Sports are seen everywhere with great facilities. They are an accepting and collegial bunch. Read 34 reviews. Some people who come off across as pretentious may not feel that they are. Below are a few snippets from Cambridge, MA online reviews: Yet another highly rated Boston suburb, Newton, MA, is the #6 Best Suburb in Massachusetts. The reasons to live in downtown Boston are endless. The only other downside to living in Brookline is the cost of rent. Tick endemic area. It has a lot to offer in the schools from AP courses, sports clubs, robotics clubs, environmental clubs, DECA, HOSA, Mock Trial, and much more. LIVING in Brookline is a little bit more difficult though, as all parking is reserved for shoppers and visitors, so if you plan on being a resident here, plan on renting a separate home for yourYou're a stones-throw from most activities though, and it may be more advantageous for those who can to avoid having a car all together. Spy pond is awesome for kayaking or boating. Featured Review: Current Resident says Natick is a very strong and loving community. The small size and the intellectual levels of the kids mean most of the classes are interactive and discussion based. The cost of living is a bit lower than other Boston suburbs, which is financially helpful. The onsite manager is there to help you in any way they can! I currently live in. Current Resident: Carlisle is fantastic. The teachers are wonderful and nurturing; and the advisor program encourages involvement and good study habits. The Boston and Worcester railroad line runs directly through Newton, providing the means for residents to find a spacious retreat from the city streets with a short commute to Boston. Lacks a proper town center and public transportation, so a car is essential to get around. The positive school environment, the support provided to the students and the excellent faculty who care deeply for girls. While some of these home styles still exist today, many of the homes now have spacious front and back yards and are a stones throw from the ocean. Homebuyers looking for rustic real estate in a small town thats close to Boston may find themselves calling Lincoln their home. The town is liberal and generally very supportive of the schools, which is self-perpetuating. Sports are seen everywhere with great facilities. How to Make an Offer in Boston - A Buyers Guide, The Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Boston 2022, 5 Tips to Choose an Expert Buyers Agent in Boston, Buyer Closing Costs in Boston - What You Need to Know. If youre seeking affluent real estate in a semi-rural area, then Westons 2,000 acres of parks, wetlands, forests, and fields will provide buyers with the solace and space you wont find in Bostons neighborhoods. Being one of the safest suburbs in the country with a top shelf school system makes this a great town to raise a family. Featured Review: Current Resident says Cambridge is small town, but has excellent resources and opportunities for middle school all the way through high school and college.

この投稿をシェアする!Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Facebook
Facebook